The Student Room Group

Oxford CLAT 2023

I just sat the CLAT today and wanted to know how everyone found it?? I was discussing with friends whether there was an object/subject change in the made up language - what do you think?
Original post by aiqndj
I just sat the CLAT today and wanted to know how everyone found it?? I was discussing with friends whether there was an object/subject change in the made up language - what do you think?

I loved Sections A and C, but B was quite tricky. I hated that they changed the endings of subject and object. Also found it really strange that there was no part 3 - where all the practice papers had this. I suppose parts 1 and 2 are more generously weighted, though were more challenging in comparison to previous years. How did you find it?
I thought section A and B were fine, it was the question about the use of 'be' that really threw me of for some reason.
The change between subject and object was definitely weird especially as the change really differed between different words
Original post by Anonymous
I thought section A and B were fine, it was the question about the use of 'be' that really threw me of for some reason.
Reply 4
Original post by aiqndj

yes, there was a subject/object change! I actually really liked this paper—there were definitely less questions in Section B, and the language just clicked for me (maybe because the rules were quite similar to what I know of Latin?) I’m pretty sure I messed up in the ‘to be’ in Section C though.
Reply 5
Original post by waffelton
yes, there was a subject/object change! I actually really liked this paper—there were definitely less questions in Section B, and the language just clicked for me (maybe because the rules were quite similar to what I know of Latin?) I’m pretty sure I messed up in the ‘to be’ in Section C though.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I loved Sections A and C, but B was quite tricky. I hated that they changed the endings of subject and object. Also found it really strange that there was no part 3 - where all the practice papers had this. I suppose parts 1 and 2 are more generously weighted, though were more challenging in comparison to previous years. How did you find it?

yes i was also shocked at there only being 2 parts!! but also really glad lol. i found B relatively similar in difficulty to other years papers but struggled with the word for castle - can u remember anything abt that??
Reply 7
Original post by aiqndj
yes i was also shocked at there only being 2 parts!! but also really glad lol. i found B relatively similar in difficulty to other years papers but struggled with the word for castle - can u remember anything abt that??

Oh yeah I remember struggling with that!! I think I remembered verbs and nouns having different endings so I managed to figure it out?? I remember there being two words in the sentence that I wasn’t sure about
Original post by waffelton
Oh yeah I remember struggling with that!! I think I remembered verbs and nouns having different endings so I managed to figure it out?? I remember there being two words in the sentence that I wasn’t sure about

Yes - that one verb in the final sentence, ‘patharri’ I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending