The Student Room Group

How to be attractive to guy I like

A couple of times in the past I will be friendly with a guy I have a crush on and he will seem to enjoy spending time with me, smile a lot when looking at me and vibe with me but things never go to the next stage and then the guy ends up becoming someone else's boyfriend. I've never had a boyfriend before.

I have a crush on a guy at work at the moment and his personality is just my type. I don't know him that well but he smiles a lot when he's with me and is always eager to help me when I need help. Things could get awkward if he knows how I feel and doesn't feel the same way about me, so I was wondering how I can be attractive to him without being too obvious that I like him? I know he may not be interested anyway but I want to at least try to see if he does become interested. How can I get to the next stage with a guy as none of the guys I've fancied have ever liked me back and I'm worried that unless I change something about the way I am with guys I'll be alone forever?
Reply 1
Any suggestions?
Original post by Anonymous
A couple of times in the past I will be friendly with a guy I have a crush on and he will seem to enjoy spending time with me, smile a lot when looking at me and vibe with me but things never go to the next stage and then the guy ends up becoming someone else's boyfriend. I've never had a boyfriend before.

I have a crush on a guy at work at the moment and his personality is just my type. I don't know him that well but he smiles a lot when he's with me and is always eager to help me when I need help. Things could get awkward if he knows how I feel and doesn't feel the same way about me, so I was wondering how I can be attractive to him without being too obvious that I like him? I know he may not be interested anyway but I want to at least try to see if he does become interested. How can I get to the next stage with a guy as none of the guys I've fancied have ever liked me back and I'm worried that unless I change something about the way I am with guys I'll be alone forever?

Any suggestions?

You need to be obvious and tell him. This is 2023 and not 1953. Dont expect him to read your mind.
Reply 3

In all honesty, cut the BS and confess what the worse that can happen is a rejection.I f he rejects u then klm u move on from him but it could be the opposite where he feels the same way.
Reply 4
I have a crush on a guy at work at the moment and his personality is just my type.

Is your personality just his type?

Don't change yourself to attract someone; you won't manage to keep it up long-term. You need to be compatible with someone, but that doesn't mean a clone; you can have different personalities and interests, so long as you have communication, understanding and compromise.

Don’t try to be attractive because it will be obvious to him and everyone you work with even if you don’t think it is. That will change the dynamic with everyone you work with. Tell him upfront. I did that about a year ago and even though I got rejected I have no regrets and I still hold a lot of respect for that person and vice versa. Guys like that confidence because they have the same fear of rejection too. If you’re too nervous then ask if he wants to go out with you and grab coffee or something. Even if you’re offering to get coffee for everyone you work with and ask if he can give a helping hand or something. I’m not good at this myself, but it’s better to find out in advance than having it hanging over your head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending