The Student Room Group

Making friends at university

I am about 4/5 weeks in to my uni degree apprenticeship and I haven’t made much friends at uni. I don’t know where to start or where to begin, is it too late.
Anyone got any advice.
Original post by creed5nr6
I am about 4/5 weeks in to my uni degree apprenticeship and I haven’t made much friends at uni. I don’t know where to start or where to begin, is it too late.
Anyone got any advice.

Hi!
It's definitely not too late to make friends at uni. Personally, I didn't make many friends on my course until a few weeks into term when we started doing practicals and workshops in smaller groups. You can try asking people if they want to study together and then suggest getting coffee or going on a walk afterwards. Sometimes university courses have subject societies as well which you can normally find on their Students' Union websites. These can be a really good way to meet people.
Additionally, a variety of societies are normally happy to welcome people throughout the year. Societies which do activities are often a good way to make friends, such as hiking, baking or crafts.
Many universities will run a refreshers fair at the start of second term. This is a good opportunity to join societies alongside other new potential members who will be looking to make friends.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending