The Student Room Group

Mark my Macbeth essay

I've just completed an essay practice for my GCSE AQA English literature paper 1, and just wondered how well I did and what level (1-6) I would receive on this question. If anybody is willing to mark it that would be great thanks.

The question is "Explain how far you think Shakespeare presents Lady Macbeth as a powerful woman."

It's on this google drive link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SokXMxWKNAAh1Cr9_t2vhqIunQIiqcKK?usp=share_link
Level 5 - (Thoughtful, developed consideration)
21–25 marks

I would personally say this essay is around 24/30. The essay was very centred around the extract and expansion outwards to the rest of the play would've shown your deeper understanding for the play as a whole. However, you made several clear and well developed points, although occasionally lacking clarity and full explanation which prevented you from reaching the level 6: "convincing" description. Context was very well integrated and generally rather accurate.

Well done
Reply 2
Original post by Georgeallen
Level 5 - (Thoughtful, developed consideration)
21–25 marks

I would personally say this essay is around 24/30. The essay was very centred around the extract and expansion outwards to the rest of the play would've shown your deeper understanding for the play as a whole. However, you made several clear and well developed points, although occasionally lacking clarity and full explanation which prevented you from reaching the level 6: "convincing" description. Context was very well integrated and generally rather accurate.

Well done

Thank you so much, that helps a lot. What can I do to improve clarity and explanation? I find it hard to write fluidly and my teacher said to improve my topic sentences. But I’m still not too sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending