The Student Room Group

2024 Grant Thornton apprenticeship application thread

Just wanted to make this thread for those who applied and can just talk about the process together!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ma937
Just wanted to make this thread for those who applied and can just talk about the process together!

Just found out im doing the experience day/ group exercise if anyone going to do it or done it do you have any advice!?!
Original post by ma937
Just found out im doing the experience day/ group exercise if anyone going to do it or done it do you have any advice!?!

how did it go!
Reply 3
Original post by mazzalini11
how did it go!

It was good, everyone was nice and patient with each other and the source they gave us wasn't too challenging so overall it was really good!
Reply 4
Original post by ma937
It was good, everyone was nice and patient with each other and the source they gave us wasn't too challenging so overall it was really good!

Hi!! Hope you're doing well, I have the video interview to do for the audit role, do you know what questions will come up by any chance?
Reply 5
Original post by ciao50276
Hi!! Hope you're doing well, I have the video interview to do for the audit role, do you know what questions will come up by any chance?

Im good! Yes it was just your motivations - so why GT compared to the big 4, why do you like your programme, competency based questions. I found it quite straight forward so don't worry to much and good luck!
Original post by ma937

Did you get through?
Reply 7
Original post by t_ugradar56
Did you get through?

yep
Reply 8
Original post by ma937
Could you give an overview of what the exercise was the website doesn’t really give much info and I don’t want to go in blindsided?
How long did people take to get an offer after their final interview?
Reply 10
Original post by AbdulrahmanNozad
How long did people take to get an offer after their final interview?
mine took 2 weeks, but most ppl it 2-5 days
Reply 11
Original post by Raphdein18
Could you give an overview of what the exercise was the website doesn’t really give much info and I don’t want to go in blindsided?
for the group stage? In short you basically are given a fictional business where you are give data and you analyse it for 20 mins and you and your team mates report bak to the client(i.e assessor) and talk about the challenges the business face and stuff like that
Original post by ma937
for the group stage? In short you basically are given a fictional business where you are give data and you analyse it for 20 mins and you and your team mates report bak to the client(i.e assessor) and talk about the challenges the business face and stuff like that
What area did you apply for if you dony mine me asking?
Reply 13
Original post by Raphdein18
What area did you apply for if you dony mine me asking?
tax services london
Currently on the written case study part of the application, found the practise case study generally easy. Can anyone who has done the written case study please note the differences between the practise and actual one?? In terms of structure are they both email? Would it be beneficial to know about GTs other service lines and not only the one you’ve applied to? Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by faizaan_001
Currently on the written case study part of the application, found the practise case study generally easy. Can anyone who has done the written case study please note the differences between the practise and actual one?? In terms of structure are they both email? Would it be beneficial to know about GTs other service lines and not only the one you’ve applied to? Any help would be appreciated :smile:
I did the written case study right after the practise and found that it’s almost identical. The information given is structured slightly differently but it’s the same format. Just make sure to manage your time correctly as although I had good ideas I failed to fit the whole thing in the time given. I just had GTs values next to me to refer to but Honestly within the time given it would be really hard to give a good summary whilst also referring to other service line so You should be fine but if you want to be on the safe side maybe research the others.
Anyone got an offer for financial services audit?
Reply 17
Original post by faizaan_001
They are quite similar, but tbh i think the most important part of the exercise is how well you manage your grammar and time since if u have a single spelling mistakes/a few they will instantly reject u happened to a lot of ppl. Just make sure to keep using data from the source and if u have enough time add a fact u learnt recently to ur reposon.
Reply 18
btw does anyone know if there a offer holder GC?
Original post by ma937
They are quite similar, but tbh i think the most important part of the exercise is how well you manage your grammar and time since if u have a single spelling mistakes/a few they will instantly reject u happened to a lot of ppl. Just make sure to keep using data from the source and if u have enough time add a fact u learnt recently to ur reposon.
I was concerned about this but spent a few mins going back and spell checking instead of trying to rush the ending and thank god I did as I made it through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending