The Student Room Group

Student finance

I have been studying for 2 years but have changed university because the university i was at i had no help and now student finance are saying they may not pay my tuition but can i still get a maintenance loan
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by sureyyademetriou
I have been studying for 2 years but have changed university because the university i was at was no help and now student finance are saying they may not pay my tuition but can i still get a maintenance loan

Hi there,

Yes, if you've not gained a qualification your maintenance loan wouldn't be affected by your previous study. Did you previously withdraw from a course due to reasons outwith your control? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Yes, if you've not gained a qualification your maintenance loan wouldn't be affected by your previous study. Did you previously withdraw from a course due to reasons outwith your control? Thanks, Jason

Hi i had a problem as they kept giving me the wrong results they are investigating but because they are investigating they tried to say i would have to change courses until they do and i couldn't resit as they didn't give me the notice until the day and because due to my anxiety i had a panic attack
Original post by sureyyademetriou
Hi i had a problem as they kept giving me the wrong results they are investigating but because they are investigating they tried to say i would have to change courses until they do and i couldn't resit as they didn't give me the notice until the day and because due to my anxiety i had a panic attack

Hi sureyyademetriou,

Thank you for confirming. You may be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan support if you are able to provide evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons. This can be a letter from your GP and/or University, that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies. You can upload this evidence directly to your account for review. Our current timescales are approximately 16 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending