The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge PGCE Applicants 2024-2025

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mads.xo
congratulations, that's great! :smile: is that for the early or general primary course?

General primary, what about you?
Reply 41
Original post by BorisCat
General primary, what about you?

General primary as well! :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by mads.xo

I got accepted for general primary also! My instagram is @sarahmouncher if anyone wants to get in touch 😊
Reply 43
I'm also general primary 😂
Also been accepted for general primary :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by mads.xo

Amazing! Well done 🙂 Oh i see someone underneath has shared instagram - great idea! Mine is hannahsummer :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by dulcieca_x
Also been accepted for general primary :smile:

How did you find the interview? I’m super nervous for mine!!
Reply 47
Original post by aprose123
How did you find the interview? I’m super nervous for mine!!

To be honest it was quite enjoyable! I mean, aside from the nerves. The tutors were all lovely and it was in a small group so less intimidating. I think, just be yourself and prepare for the presentation 🙂
Reply 48
my instagram is @madskeefe, would be lovely to chat to any people before the course starts in september :smile: x
Reply 49
My instagram is @_.abbierose, I've applied for general primary but I haven't had my interview yet (it's on Monday) :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 50
Has anyone heard back from the faculty after submitting the various documents they asked for?
I accepted my offer before Christmas and sent in everything they asked for, but haven’t had any confirmation that they’ve received any of it
Reply 51
Original post by Anon1303
Has anyone heard back from the faculty after submitting the various documents they asked for?
I accepted my offer before Christmas and sent in everything they asked for, but haven’t had any confirmation that they’ve received any of it

hey, yes I've had confirmation 🙂 might be worth sending a chaser email just to be safe?
Reply 52
Original post by mads.xo
Original post by Anon1303

hey, yes I've had confirmation 🙂 might be worth sending a chaser email just to be safe?

Thanks for the reply 😊 Yeah I just checked and turns out the faculty did confirm and I just missed it 😂 But the occupational health people haven’t, did you hear from them?
Reply 53
For anyone worried about attending their interview, here’s just a run down of the day and how I found it:
There was 8 of us all together and we first did a get to know your partner task
Then we split into 2 groups and did an ‘agree or disagree with these statements’ group discussion
Next we stayed in these groups to do our short presentations (they put their hand up when there was 15 seconds left)
The written task was next and they gave us a time for our individual interviews while we were writing. If you had a copy of the original article they emailed to us, then you could use it however it didn’t really matter if you had it or not
My individual interview was actually really lovely and the questions were all ones that you will have prepared. Just reread your personal statement (as I believe they were very tailored to me and what I had written) & show your passion.
The maths reflection was also included in this part, however they really just wanted to see your thought process and your maths knowledge (it was a tiny element of the interview)
Once that was done, we watched a short video about the course and were free to ask any questions.

I know people have said this before, but I can’t say enough how lovely all of the interviewers were and how at ease they make you feel! It really was an enjoyable experience and all of the interviewees in my group were also super lovely and chatty.
Overall, I had a really good experience with my interview at Cambridge and I hope you all do too!
Reply 54
I haven't had confirmation from the occupational health people either 🙂 just heard back about colleges though, I've been accepted to Fitzwilliam which was my first choice x
Reply 55
Original post by Polarr25
For anyone worried about attending their interview, here’s just a run down of the day and how I found it:
There was 8 of us all together and we first did a get to know your partner task
Then we split into 2 groups and did an ‘agree or disagree with these statements’ group discussion
Next we stayed in these groups to do our short presentations (they put their hand up when there was 15 seconds left)
The written task was next and they gave us a time for our individual interviews while we were writing. If you had a copy of the original article they emailed to us, then you could use it however it didn’t really matter if you had it or not
My individual interview was actually really lovely and the questions were all ones that you will have prepared. Just reread your personal statement (as I believe they were very tailored to me and what I had written) & show your passion.
The maths reflection was also included in this part, however they really just wanted to see your thought process and your maths knowledge (it was a tiny element of the interview)
Once that was done, we watched a short video about the course and were free to ask any questions.

I know people have said this before, but I can’t say enough how lovely all of the interviewers were and how at ease they make you feel! It really was an enjoyable experience and all of the interviewees in my group were also super lovely and chatty.
Overall, I had a really good experience with my interview at Cambridge and I hope you all do too!

Thank you, this helps 😊
Any one got back with offers on Jan 8 th interview !
Reply 56
Original post by Deepamol
Thank you, this helps 😊
Any one got back with offers on Jan 8 th interview !

No I haven’t heard back yet x
Reply 57
Hey has anyone been given an interview date for 2nd February? I’m doing it for biology secondary PGCE
Reply 58
I had a response from the Occupational Health Team yesterday, but haven't heard back any colleges yet. I think I'm going to wait until end of month before sending an email, just to check how long they think it'll take as I'm most concerned about whether or not I have been given accommodation or if I'll need to find somewhere myself.
Original post by X_mariiiam
Hey has anyone been given an interview date for 2nd February? I’m doing it for biology secondary PGCE

Hey, I’m doing Secondary Biology too but my interview date is tomorrow. My insta is @mukku_x if you would like to keep in touch, as we are doing the same course 🤍🤍 Good luck lovely ! 🫶🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending