The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge PGCE Applicants 2024-2025

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hii has anyone heard back from the dbs people? they said the student registry would contact us in january?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 61
Original post by el_lana
hii has anyone heard back from the dbs people? they said the student registry would contact us in january?

Not yet! I hope it's soon though
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 62
Hi, has anyone created an Instagram group chat or anything? It would be really lovely to meet some people before we start in September :smile:
Reply 63
when did everyone hear back from colleges after an offer?
Reply 64
Original post by ratkinnnn
Hi, has anyone created an Instagram group chat or anything? It would be really lovely to meet some people before we start in September :smile:

Yes! Add me @hannahsummer
Reply 65
Original post by Meena2121
when did everyone hear back from colleges after an offer?

I've still not heard anything and I got my offer before Christmas
Reply 66
Original post by ratkinnnn

Mine is @chloesharp5579
Reply 67
Hi! I've just applied for Secondary (Biology) PGCE, interview is in March.
Reply 68
Hi everyone,
I plan to apply for secondary math as an international student. I have IGCSE and also IB scores, but not GCSEs. Did any international student get UK ENIC equivalency? Is it needed? Thanks a lot and good luck on your interviews!
Original post by adaelif
Hi everyone,
I plan to apply for secondary math as an international student. I have IGCSE and also IB scores, but not GCSEs. Did any international student get UK ENIC equivalency? Is it needed? Thanks a lot and good luck on your interviews!
I have been applying as an international student for Primary PGCE, have an interview soon! They haven't communicated if they will require UK ENIC, but I have to bring documents of my secondary qualifications to the interview anyway.

If you do need a UK ENIC statement, you can get one for free from the DfE, you just have to call the Overseas Qualifications team.
Original post by grossmotorplay
I have been applying as an international student for Primary PGCE, have an interview soon! They haven't communicated if they will require UK ENIC, but I have to bring documents of my secondary qualifications to the interview anyway.
If you do need a UK ENIC statement, you can get one for free from the DfE, you just have to call the Overseas Qualifications team.

Hello!

Could I ask how long it took to hear a reply? :smile:
Original post by olivia.kim
Hello!
Could I ask how long it took to hear a reply? :smile:

I just got a reply! And have been offered a place. It usually takes around a week to hear back.
Original post by jdeantzx
I just got a reply! And have been offered a place. It usually takes around a week to hear back.

Oh sorry for not clarifying! I meant how long does it take to get a response for whether you’ll be getting an interview?
Oh sorry for not clarifying! I meant how long does it take to get a response for whether you’ll be getting an interview?

Oh!!! Haha it took them around 2-3 weeks to arrange an interview
Reply 74

I was invited to an interview within a couple days, probably depends on subject!
Original post by piak
I was invited to an interview within a couple days, probably depends on subject!

Oh could I ask what you applied for? :smile: Also did you happen to get an email after submitting your application?
Reply 76
Oh could I ask what you applied for? :smile: Also did you happen to get an email after submitting your application?

Hi sorry I just realised I hadn't replied to this!
I applied for secondary modern languages, and no, there was no confirmation email or anything right after submitting my application, just an invitation to interview a few days later :smile: hope all is going well!
Probably late to the thread, but I have been offered a place on the PGCE for Religious Studies. I have just accepted the offer on DfE, does anyone know how long it will take to get the official offer letter and more info about DBS, OHS etc? Thanks! Excited to meet you all in September!
Original post by han.dob
Probably late to the thread, but I have been offered a place on the PGCE for Religious Studies. I have just accepted the offer on DfE, does anyone know how long it will take to get the official offer letter and more info about DBS, OHS etc? Thanks! Excited to meet you all in September!

Congrats on your offer! I got an email with the official offer and further details within 24 hours of dfe emailing me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending