The Student Room Group

Aerospace Engineering Uni Choices

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jdhehebe
What do you mean by you wanting to switch courses back?
After results day or in the first 2 weeks of term when there might be available places you can request to switch, but only for a course you haven’t applied for previously
Yeah I got rejected too and they did the same thing offering a different course which was electrical but I didn't accept it because I didn't like the look of the course.
Fair. Were you aware it’d be like this before or surprised and annoyed they didn’t state they require 2A* predicted?

I emailed them in the same one asking about switching courses and they genuinely don’t see a problem with lying about their predicted reqs which really got my blood boiling knowing I couldn’t even help future applicants avoid the same fate but that’s how it is ig

At least no other unis play this same game. Everyone else either gives you exactly what they promised like my other offers or tell you straight up what you’re getting into like imperial
Reply 42
Original post by AlrightyDave
Fair. Were you aware it’d be like this before or surprised and annoyed they didn’t state they require 2A* predicted?
I emailed them in the same one asking about switching courses and they genuinely don’t see a problem with lying about their predicted reqs which really got my blood boiling knowing I couldn’t even help future applicants avoid the same fate but that’s how it is ig
At least no other unis play this same game. Everyone else either gives you exactly what they promised like my other offers or tell you straight up what you’re getting into like imperial
Yeah I had no idea either. On their website they say the typical offer was A*AA so I met the grade requirements. Wouldn't have wasted one of my uni choices if I would have known they wanted so high... When I emailed them they said that they required 3A* with all 8s and 9s at GCSE! Like that's higher than Oxbridge!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by taeyongiscool
Expect more than a week for your first offer! I totally forgot to update you omg! I received 5/5 of my offers!!! Bristol, Southampton, Sheffield, Nottingham and Liverpool!

Hi! First of all, congrats on your offers! I’ve also got offers from Southampton and Bristol, but I’m not sure which one to firm. Have you decided on which uni to firm yet?
Reply 44
Original post by short man
Hi! First of all, congrats on your offers! I’ve also got offers from Southampton and Bristol, but I’m not sure which one to firm. Have you decided on which uni to firm yet?

I have firmed Bristol, but my offer's unconditional cause I already have my grades
Original post by Ajdj12
I have firmed Bristol, but my offer's unconditional cause I already have my grades

Congrats! how do you find the uni? Do you know how much practical the uni has?
Reply 46
Congrats! how do you find the uni? Do you know how much practical the uni has?

To be honest, I haven't got any personal experience with Bristol, as I live around 3 hrs from there. I mostly based by decision on research, student opinion and quality of alumni.

This video also helped alot : https://youtu.be/OgPcM4bJFNs?si=6dZfcuoMHB2Gk_74
Original post by Ajdj12
To be honest, I haven't got any personal experience with Bristol, as I live around 3 hrs from there. I mostly based by decision on research, student opinion and quality of alumni.
This video also helped alot : https://youtu.be/OgPcM4bJFNs?si=6dZfcuoMHB2Gk_74

Thank you for the video, that was quite helpful! Bristol is quite a hard uni to get into as their entry standards are quite high which is why I’m confused between this and Southampton but I guess I have time to decide haha I’ve booked the Bristol offer holder day in April (on the 24th) so I’ll probably only make my decision after that
Reply 48
Thank you for the video, that was quite helpful! Bristol is quite a hard uni to get into as their entry standards are quite high which is why I’m confused between this and Southampton but I guess I have time to decide haha I’ve booked the Bristol offer holder day in April (on the 24th) so I’ll probably only make my decision after that

I will also be going to their offer holder day in April, we might bump into each other😁
Reply 49
Yeah I had no idea either. On their website they say the typical offer was A*AA so I met the grade requirements. Wouldn't have wasted one of my uni choices if I would have known they wanted so high... When I emailed them they said that they required 3A* with all 8s and 9s at GCSE! Like that's higher than Oxbridge!

Damn didn't know it was that competitive tbf, I think they are more lenient if you were eligable for a contextual offer, as I was eligible for one, for didn't ending needing it.

For reference I got A*AA with an A in EPQ
GCSE : 9999988777
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest