The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

struggling with my degree

basically i go lse, i'm in y2 now and it's so tough. i take bsc econ. while i knew coming into it that it would be extremely quantitative, i did not think it would be to this extent where 99.99% of what ur doing is mathematics with barely any actual econ theory [moreso assumptions/ basic theory which u then build on w math].
im struggling to do the problem sets even though i "get" the lectures, they're so so so so much tougher. i know lse has this thing where they say that when they examine us, they don't want us to be able to just regurgitate what we're taught, rather, they want us to be able to analyse scenarios & problem solve. hence the questions are meant to be tough.
but i feel that i just can't seem to do it.
and even if i practice 1 question again & again & again, given it's problem solving, the next question is so completely different.
i don't want to change course / uni as i genuinely love being at the lse, but i want to do well. any tips?
Have you made friends with any of your fellow students on BSc Economics at LSE? :s-smilie: Because you could learn a lot from your peers. :wink: Also, consider using the LSE Library to meet other LSE students in the study group rooms perhaps? :biggrin:

Original post by Anonymous
basically i go lse, i'm in y2 now and it's so tough. i take bsc econ. while i knew coming into it that it would be extremely quantitative, i did not think it would be to this extent where 99.99% of what ur doing is mathematics with barely any actual econ theory [moreso assumptions/ basic theory which u then build on w math].
im struggling to do the problem sets even though i "get" the lectures, they're so so so so much tougher. i know lse has this thing where they say that when they examine us, they don't want us to be able to just regurgitate what we're taught, rather, they want us to be able to analyse scenarios & problem solve. hence the questions are meant to be tough.
but i feel that i just can't seem to do it.
and even if i practice 1 question again & again & again, given it's problem solving, the next question is so completely different.
i don't want to change course / uni as i genuinely love being at the lse, but i want to do well. any tips?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending