The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Want to switch to EPAIS at Warwick

Hello! I am facing a dilemma which I am aware is very silly, however I just can't get it out of my mind.

I have an offer for PPE at Warwick. I am very happy with this offer as I can't wait to go to Warwick. My issue, though, is the degree. I keep on having this niggling feeling that my degree will be looked down upon, since it screams 'oxford reject!' - although I am constantly told this is not the case.

Regardless, I am concerned. So, I was just scrolling through the Warwick website, and I saw the degree EPAIS. It seems great. The issue is:
1. I have already been accepted into PPE - is it possible for me to change my course?
2. this is the killer :smile: They require an 8 in maths - I got a 7. This is why I'm so frustrated with myself for even contemplating EPAIS as a degree, because I don't even meet the entry requirements!! I suppose I want to kid myself by saying that EPAIS is a very small course, so surely one more person (ie. me) won't be that bad.

I'm not sure. Please be honest with me, although I feel like I already know the answer. Anyway, thank you!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! I am facing a dilemma which I am aware is very silly, however I just can't get it out of my mind.

I have an offer for PPE at Warwick. I am very happy with this offer as I can't wait to go to Warwick. My issue, though, is the degree. I keep on having this niggling feeling that my degree will be looked down upon, since it screams 'oxford reject!' - although I am constantly told this is not the case.

Regardless, I am concerned. So, I was just scrolling through the Warwick website, and I saw the degree EPAIS. It seems great. The issue is:
1. I have already been accepted into PPE - is it possible for me to change my course?
2. this is the killer :smile: They require an 8 in maths - I got a 7. This is why I'm so frustrated with myself for even contemplating EPAIS as a degree, because I don't even meet the entry requirements!! I suppose I want to kid myself by saying that EPAIS is a very small course, so surely one more person (ie. me) won't be that bad.

I'm not sure. Please be honest with me, although I feel like I already know the answer. Anyway, thank you!!

It would do no harm to contact Warwick and ask them to change your course. However, given that you don't meet the GCSE Maths requirement, they're almost certainly going to say "No". It won't jeopardise your PPE offer to ask the question.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest