The Student Room Group

About exam

Hello I took AS LEVEL ENGLISH and took 2 year gap year I'm going to enter uni next year so I can use this certificate for English or I have to write new one
Did you only take one AS and no A-Levels? Usually a single AS is not sufficient preparation for a degree.

If you have taken more than it depends in the university how much of a gap they are willing to accept. Check with the admissions departments directly.
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
Did you only take one AS and no A-Levels? Usually a single AS is not sufficient preparation for a degree.

If you have taken more than it depends in the university how much of a gap they are willing to accept. Check with the admissions departments directly.

No I have 4 A LEVELS and English AS LEVEL so does it have validity period for English AS LEVEL ?
Original post by Riya76
No I have 4 A LEVELS and English AS LEVEL so does it have validity period for English AS LEVEL ?

As far as I'm aware, A-Levels don't expire. A university may decide that it would be beneficial (or in some cases necessary) to do some form of refresher like an access course but this usually is for more than two years of non-study. Ultimately, it depends on the university and it's worth emailing to ask directly. I'd assume it's probably okay, as two year long gap years are not unheard of, e.g. if your country has mandatory military service.
Original post by Riya76

When did you sit your A levels?
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
When did you sit your A levels?

Reply 6
Original post by melancollege
As far as I'm aware, A-Levels don't expire. A university may decide that it would be beneficial (or in some cases necessary) to do some form of refresher like an access course but this usually is for more than two years of non-study. Ultimately, it depends on the university and it's worth emailing to ask directly. I'd assume it's probably okay, as two year long gap years are not unheard of, e.g. if your country has mandatory military service.

Thank you for your reply what about AS LEVEL does they expire ?
Original post by Riya76

Then you will be fine to apply as normal. List all your A levels and AS levels on your UCAS application.
Reply 8
Original post by normaw
Then you will be fine to apply as normal. List all your A levels and AS levels on your UCAS application.

I'm going to apply for 2024, thank you so much.In india English grade is necessary so I thought AS LEVEL has validity
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Riya76
Thank you for your reply what about AS LEVEL does they expire ?

My apologies, that was a typo; neither expire.

Quick Reply

Latest