The Student Room Group

Sixth form/college life

Hey! for the year 12-13s out there, how's college/sixth form so far? and just one more question! can I do a part time student and a part time job at the same time?

I don't think I am smart enough to go to university anyways 💀
Reply 1
hey! y12 sixth form student here, i study bio, chem , maths and physics a levels. its super busy but at the same time i feel way more comfortable and confident than I did at GCSE and below, mainly becuase I know what worked for gcse and also becuase im more confident in what i want to learn and achieve. the work can be tough but im managing my time and really hopeful about keeping up a healthy work/leisure balance. Ive had loads more time to pursue things like reading and catching up on hobbies, but thats different for everyone i guess. A levels are pretty tough, and you gotta do way more independent work. But loads of people do it part time and have jobs etc and if youre mature with how you allocate and spend time - no reason you cant do it :smile: What A levels are you interested in doing and why? and about uni, dont be so sure, its not always just about academics and theres loads of pathways you can go into! id reccomend you do do a levels if you can manage, theyll help you keep your options more open when it comes to uni and beyond.
Reply 2
Original post by Nat4695
hey! y12 sixth form student here, i study bio, chem , maths and physics a levels. its super busy but at the same time i feel way more comfortable and confident than I did at GCSE and below, mainly becuase I know what worked for gcse and also becuase im more confident in what i want to learn and achieve. the work can be tough but im managing my time and really hopeful about keeping up a healthy work/leisure balance. Ive had loads more time to pursue things like reading and catching up on hobbies, but thats different for everyone i guess. A levels are pretty tough, and you gotta do way more independent work. But loads of people do it part time and have jobs etc and if youre mature with how you allocate and spend time - no reason you cant do it :smile: What A levels are you interested in doing and why? and about uni, dont be so sure, its not always just about academics and theres loads of pathways you can go into! id reccomend you do do a levels if you can manage, theyll help you keep your options more open when it comes to uni and beyond.

Hey! thanks for replying. I'm currently think I'm better at doing acting at A LEVELS. And I'm not sooo sure about it because I'm bad at studying hahah
Reply 3
Original post by _lilinx_
Hey! thanks for replying. I'm currently think I'm better at doing acting at A LEVELS. And I'm not sooo sure about it because I'm bad at studying hahah

heyy, dont worry too much no one is inherently bad at studying it is just about find techniques and building habits that work for you! acting sounds cool and really fun!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending