The Student Room Group

Leicester Sixth Forms: WQE, Beauchamp or Gateway?

I’m trying to decide what the best college for me is, but I’m unsure.

If any of you go to the following schools:

- Beauchamp College (not BCSF, Beauchamp City Sixth Form)

- WQE (or QE as it’s more commonly called)

- Gateway Sixth Form

Please give your experiences on the following:

- What is the teaching like? Do the teachers make sure they have explained everything fully and you understand before moving on?

- Is there a lot of pressure to study? Do people often get behind on work?

- What is social life like? Is it easy to make friends? Is the food good? 😅

- Anything else you think would be helpful. 🤗

I have also seen quite worrying reviews of Beauchamp and WQE on Google Reviews. 😰 Are they true?

Thanks,
- lilleebean 💕
Original post by lilleebean
I’m trying to decide what the best college for me is, but I’m unsure.

If any of you go to the following schools:

- Beauchamp College (not BCSF, Beauchamp City Sixth Form)

- WQE (or QE as it’s more commonly called)

- Gateway Sixth Form

Please give your experiences on the following:

- What is the teaching like? Do the teachers make sure they have explained everything fully and you understand before moving on?

- Is there a lot of pressure to study? Do people often get behind on work?

- What is social life like? Is it easy to make friends? Is the food good? 😅

- Anything else you think would be helpful. 🤗

I have also seen quite worrying reviews of Beauchamp and WQE on Google Reviews. 😰 Are they true?

Thanks,
- lilleebean 💕

May I just ask which subjects are you planning to do?
Reply 2
Original post by Shubham9548
May I just ask which subjects are you planning to do?

Graphics, Computer Science, and Psychology or Criminology (either one of these)
Graphics, Computer Science, and Psychology or Criminology (either one of these)

Since, your subjects are not highly academic like further maths and physics, I think QE should be a good choice for you as you get lots of frees and you can make friends in the food court or library anywhere.

It's just quite big so lots and lots of ppl to meet! So your social life will be ok and it just depends whether you are able to make friends or not but you should be fine.

There's not really a lot of pressure to study and the teachers are very good as well. You'll definitely enjoy the teachers.

Unless you do highly academic subjects and want to get 3A*, QE should be fine choice.

Let me know where are you planning to go.

I have been in QE and did maths, business and accounting. Liked it there!
Reply 4
Original post by Shubham9548
Since, your subjects are not highly academic like further maths and physics, I think QE should be a good choice for you as you get lots of frees and you can make friends in the food court or library anywhere.

It's just quite big so lots and lots of ppl to meet! So your social life will be ok and it just depends whether you are able to make friends or not but you should be fine.

There's not really a lot of pressure to study and the teachers are very good as well. You'll definitely enjoy the teachers.

Unless you do highly academic subjects and want to get 3A*, QE should be fine choice.

Let me know where are you planning to go.

I have been in QE and did maths, business and accounting. Liked it there!

Thanks! I think I'm leaning more towards QE now, wish me luck in applications in November!! :thumbsup:
Thanks! I think I'm leaning more towards QE now, wish me luck in applications in November!! :thumbsup:

All the best for your sixth form journey. Let me just warn you that the 2 years which you will be spending will go real quick!!

Make sure you utilize each and every day. Make friends, explore what you wanna do in future because honestly the subjects you do at sixth form do have some impact and most importantly the type of friends you have. Be with good people and keep on researching about opportunities and apprenticeships/uni courses.

I am not lying. The entire year 11 is equivalent to year 12 and 13. Thats how fast the time will go by!

Please dont waste it by not studying at all or just studying everytime. Get everything in balance and figure out who you really are and what you wanna do.

Anyways, sorry if I stretched a bit but TIME WILL GO FAST!

ALL THE BEST AGAIN!
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending