The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship

Hi guys
I am almost done with my degree but now I wanna do a post grad apprentice but struggling to find something. Would it be better to do a conversion course with a subject that has jobs or just try to find something that I would be interested in
Choosing between a conversion course in a field with high job demand and a subject you're interested in depends on your long-term goals:

Conversion Course with Job Demand:

Pros: Higher chance of immediate job placement in a high-demand field, potentially better financial prospects.
Cons: You might not enjoy the work if it doesn't align with your interests, which can affect job satisfaction in the long run.
Pursuing Your Interest:

Pros: Higher job satisfaction, potential for long-term career fulfillment, and motivation to excel in a field you love.
Cons: Initial job search might be more competitive, and it may take time to secure a position.

Consider your passion, skills, and long-term career objectives. If you're genuinely interested in the field, your enthusiasm can drive your success. However, if financial stability is a pressing concern, the conversion course might offer quicker job opportunities. Balancing your passion with practicality is key to making the right decision. Research thoroughly, talk to professionals in both fields, and consider your own preferences and circumstances before deciding.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU Student Rep

Original post by Queen_saf
Hi guys
I am almost done with my degree but now I wanna do a post grad apprentice but struggling to find something. Would it be better to do a conversion course with a subject that has jobs or just try to find something that I would be interested in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending