The Student Room Group

Applying for a foundation course

I did my a levels and got my results in August and I didn’t get the grades for physics at university of Birmingham, but I did get the grades for the physical sciences foundation course however I didn’t apply for that. I’m currently doing a gap year mostly to figure out what I actually wanted to do & now I want to apply to uob for the foundation course. I’m just unsure if I just need to apply again from scratch on ucas and only apply for the foundation course, would they automatically accept me as I already have the grades? & do I need to change my personal statement at all for this? Idk if it’s a bit late too as I’ve been putting it off a bit. Basically I just need someone who understands uni applications to confirm I’m doing the right thing so I can stop worrying.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Reply 1
Original post by r1518
I did my a levels and got my results in August and I didn’t get the grades for physics at university of Birmingham, but I did get the grades for the physical sciences foundation course however I didn’t apply for that. I’m currently doing a gap year mostly to figure out what I actually wanted to do & now I want to apply to uob for the foundation course. I’m just unsure if I just need to apply again from scratch on ucas and only apply for the foundation course, would they automatically accept me as I already have the grades? & do I need to change my personal statement at all for this? Idk if it’s a bit late too as I’ve been putting it off a bit. Basically I just need someone who understands uni applications to confirm I’m doing the right thing so I can stop worrying.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

You would need to apply again on UCAS. You are right that because you have already done your A Levels, they will either give you a place or reject, conditional offers don't make sense in this case. Since you have got the grades they require, you would be highly likely to get an offer. Even so, it would be worth updating your personal statement if there's anything to add just to give yourself the best chance. It's definitely not too late, the deadline is 31 January for September 2024 starters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending