The Student Room Group

Mpharm with foundation year

last year manchester uni would allow u to do a foundation year in pharmacy despite having no science a levels, this year they scrapped that and they need u to do science a levels but have a low grade. i was so excited bcos i initially thought that i could do pharmacy but i cant anymore bcos of my *****y subject choices i made at 16. i feel helpless now lol what do i do? is it worth giving them a call and asking if they can make compromises? do unis even do that idk i feel lost
Reply 1
Original post by ghaloasjmnasj
last year manchester uni would allow u to do a foundation year in pharmacy despite having no science a levels, this year they scrapped that and they need u to do science a levels but have a low grade. i was so excited bcos i initially thought that i could do pharmacy but i cant anymore bcos of my *****y subject choices i made at 16. i feel helpless now lol what do i do? is it worth giving them a call and asking if they can make compromises? do unis even do that idk i feel lost

I don’t think unis make compromises for things like this however there are other Uni’s that will accept you provided you meet their entry requirements (which are pretty low anyway).
Reply 2
Original post by Uhgtuhh
I don’t think unis make compromises for things like this however there are other Uni’s that will accept you provided you meet their entry requirements (which are pretty low anyway).

yeah i found a couple but they're all really far unfortunately ): i found a solution tho, i think i'll do an access course in science and then apply, i could do work experience as well which will be helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending