The Student Room Group

Aviva Graduate Pathway 2024

Hi, I wondered if anyone could maybe give some advice or is in a similar position.

On the 12th of October I submitted my video application for the Data Pathway Application I started back in September.

I have a friend who has also completed his video interview on the 16th of October but they have recently (26th of October) received an email to explain that their application is now under review.

I’m a little concerned that seeing as I submitted mine before and I am stuck, and yet to move into the review all section, that something has potentially gone wrong? I’m trying to stay positive, but I don’t want to email in case I appear needy and negatively impact my application.

Any advice would be massively appreciated. :/
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by xlrspin
Hi, I wondered if anyone could maybe give some advice or is in a similar position.

On the 12th of October I submitted my video application for the Data Pathway Application I started back in September.

I have a friend who has also completed his video interview on the 16th of October but they have recently (26th of October) received an email to explain that their application is now under review.

I’m a little concerned that seeing as I submitted mine before and I am stuck, and yet to move into the review all section, that something has potentially gone wrong? I’m trying to stay positive, but I don’t want to email in case I appear needy and negatively impact my application.

I suggest that you get in touch with them as soon as possible. Following up with them about your application will not negatively impact your application. Also, if you do not mind me asking, what type of questions did you get for the video interview and how many were they?
Reply 2
Original post by xlrspin

I did mine too on the 20th October and haven't heard anything since. My application is still on hold. I suggest you to email them regarding your concern. Have you had any progress on your application?
Reply 3
Original post by BBAW888
I did mine too on the 20th October and haven't heard anything since. My application is still on hold. I suggest you to email them regarding your concern. Have you had any progress on your application?

I didn’t email them. I found out that the way in which they assess the video interviews is basically randomised. I got a message yesterday to let me know that mine had been reviewed. Hope this helps.
Is there anyone who has completed all online rounds including codility test and waiting for the Assessment centre call?
Original post by xlrspin
I didn’t email them. I found out that the way in which they assess the video interviews is basically randomised. I got a message yesterday to let me know that mine had been reviewed. Hope this helps.

Did they tell you in the same email whether you had been invited to assessment centre or not? Or are they going to let you know in due course.

Did my video interview over a week ago now so just waiting to hear back. Expecting a long wait looking at some of the posts from last year!
Reply 6
Original post by rustybarnet
Did they tell you in the same email whether you had been invited to assessment centre or not? Or are they going to let you know in due course.

Did my video interview over a week ago now so just waiting to hear back. Expecting a long wait looking at some of the posts from last year!

Hi,

After completing your video interview you are sent an automatic email and I think it goes into a randomized pool where it awaits reviewal. Once it has been reviewed, you will receive a follow up email explaining how it has been reviewed and that they are awaiting the reviewal of all interviews before making a decision on who will be invited to the AC. At this point there's some buttons you can tick through on your Aviva dashboard etc. It then goes into the "Under review" stage.

So this is what I believe happened last year and how it is different this year:

Last year they ran the application window right up until close to Christmas. This year they closed the applications for the Data Pathway significantly earlier (Late October) and I believe it is due to the amount of applications they received last year. I think there's a chance they want to ensure they do review every single video interview, and perhaps they didn't do that last year.

I am honestly not too sure how long it will take as it is randomised. I suspect you will hear back sooner than you what you may have done last year - if that makes sense...

And no I haven't been invited to the assessment centre yet. A big part of me doubts I will tbh.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by xlrspin
Hi,

After completing your video interview you are sent an automatic email and I think it goes into a randomized pool where it awaits reviewal. Once it has been reviewed, you will receive a follow up email explaining how it has been reviewed and that they are awaiting the reviewal of all interviews before making a decision on who will be invited to the AC. At this point there's some buttons you can tick through on your Aviva dashboard etc. It then goes into the "Under review" stage.

So this is what I believe happened last year and how it is different this year:

Last year they ran the application window right up until close to Christmas. This year they closed the applications for the Data Pathway significantly earlier (Late October) and I believe it is due to the amount of applications they received last year. I think there's a chance they want to ensure they do review every single video interview, and perhaps they didn't do that last year.

I am honestly not too sure how long it will take as it is randomised. I suspect you will hear back sooner than you what you may have done last year - if that makes sense...

And no I haven't been invited to the assessment centre yet. A big part of me doubts I will tbh.

After video interview u didn't have codility assessment?
Reply 8
Original post by chatwithashwin
After video interview u didn't have codility assessment?

The codility assessment is for the software pathway. They do not have one for the data pathway.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by xlrspin
The codility assessment is for the software pathway. They do not have one for the data pathway.

I have completed codility as well before two weeks, but after that I got a mail mentioning they will check all the video interview then take a decision.
Original post by Theertha Nair
I have completed codility as well before two weeks, but after that I got a mail mentioning they will check all the video interview then take a decision.

Right. I got the same. Did u got everything right in the codility?
(edited 5 months ago)

One was wrong remaining all were correct.

What did you get after the codility test?
Got a mail stating that they are awaiting for completion of all video interviews and make a decision whom to call for AC
What did u get after codility?
Got a mail stating that they are awaiting for completion of all video interviews and make a decision whom to call for AC

I’ve had the same today. Applications are still open for my pathway (Change & Transformation) as well so might be in for a bit of a wait yet.
What did u get after codility?

Same reply.
You should check your application page to see if you can click on "the tests are under review" button.
Reply 18
I’ve had the same today. Applications are still open for my pathway (Change & Transformation) as well so might be in for a bit of a wait yet.

How were the interview questions for this pathway?
Reply 19

I’ve also applied for the change pathway, did my interview just over a week ago but not heard anything yet apart from a generic email. Have you heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest