The Student Room Group

Will I be accepted at Exeter med school?

I applied to Exeter’s med school. I got A*AA predicted in bio, chem, and maths. However my ucat is quite low I got 2450 and band 2, am I unlikely to get an offer?
I think based on previous years the only way to get a competitive score to be invited to interview as a non-contextual applicant through their scoring matrix was to be predicted A*A*A*. Hence I think it's probably pretty unlikely unless you are eligible for a contextual offer (even then you might not be competitive with a lower UCAT score as well).
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I think based on previous years the only way to get a competitive score to be invited to interview as a non-contextual applicant through their scoring matrix was to be predicted A*A*A*. Hence I think it's probably pretty unlikely unless you are eligible for a contextual offer (even then you might not be competitive with a lower UCAT score as well).

So even if I’m contextual it’s unlikely?
Original post by Abdul0987
So even if I’m contextual it’s unlikely?

I would think so - although of course things vary cohort to cohort so this year might have widespread lower predictions or something skewing things. But I would probably think it's unlikely, at least based on what I've seen reported on TSR from previous years.
Reply 4
Original post by Abdul0987
I applied to Exeter’s med school. I got A*AA predicted in bio, chem, and maths. However my ucat is quite low I got 2450 and band 2, am I unlikely to get an offer?

Exeter have a scoring algorithm linked on their website. If contextual, you score 78 and 95 was needed last year for an interview and 100 the year before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending