The Student Room Group

Official: Imperial College London A100 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders thread

Welcome to the Imperial A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

Imperial A100 2022 Entry thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7037769

For general information click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/study/undergraduate/medicine-mbbs-programmes/

For entry requirements click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/#entry-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i have a 6 in maths but 4 in eng lang. I am taking a gap year, and i was wondering if i should just send them a letter or a note or whatever to say that i will be resitting my eng lang to get a 6, or should i get predicted for a 6 in eng lang and put it on.
Sending a note or whatever would be more convenient for me as i wouldnt have to hire a tutor to get the prediction. Would that be alright? Thanks.
Thanks, i couldn't find imperial thread for 2023.
If i don't write down a predicted grade but just state that i would be retaking it on my application, that would be sufficient?
Reply 3
I have A* maths A* Physics A further Maths And a in AS computer science. What are my chances with imperial . Taking a gap year and trying to do year in industry
Original post by abt56
I have A* maths A* Physics A further Maths And a in AS computer science. What are my chances with imperial . Taking a gap year and trying to do year in industry

For medcine? Zero because you don't have the required A level subjects?
I'm thinking about re-applying to Imperial if I get the grades. I did apply for the last application cycle and got rejected pre- interview. Just wanted to ask whether they accept re- applicants?
(edited 1 year ago)
i have aaa achieved grades bio maths chem. But I think I meet imperial's contextual criteria. Would it still be a bad idea to apply?
Original post by Jessi2004
I'm thinking about re-applying to Imperial if I get the grades. I did apply for the last application cycle and got rejected pre- interview. Just wanted to ask whether they accept re- applicants?

They do, but not resits without extenuating circumstances FYI.
Original post by Faisal101
i have aaa achieved grades bio maths chem. But I think I meet imperial's contextual criteria. Would it still be a bad idea to apply?

They accept AAA anyway to apply but unless you’re contextual you’d need an A* to meet your and they don’t accept resits. I’d email to confirm that you’d get an AAA offer first.
Original post by becausethenight
They do, but not resits without extenuating circumstances FYI.

Ah ok. Thank you!!
Reply 9
Hello
What was the BMAT cutoff for interviews for 21/22 application year?
Thanks.
Original post by TINDI
Hello
What was the BMAT cutoff for interviews for 21/22 application year?
Thanks.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/#entry-requirements

Have a look at Entry Requirements, Admissions Test
was there any 2022 BMAT offer holders average.?
for applying for imperial should i have strong GCSE other predicted A*A*A at A-level?
Original post by gsardede
was there any 2022 BMAT offer holders average.?

They have posted 2022 cut off on their website
for applying for imperial should i have strong GCSE other predicted A*A*A at A-level?

They only ask for a 6 in Eng Lang at GCSE
Hi,
I've achieved AAA so meet the minimum entry criteria for Imperial (in terms of A Levels). But, they've also said that their typical offer is A*AA. Would having achieved AAA put me at a disadvantage as opposed to A*AA?
Apologies if this is a silly question.
Hi,
I've achieved AAA so meet the minimum entry criteria for Imperial (in terms of A Levels). But, they've also said that their typical offer is A*AA. Would having achieved AAA put me at a disadvantage as opposed to A*AA?

AAA is their WP offer. If you have achieved grades of AAA and no WP flags, you would be rejected
Original post by GANFYD
AAA is their WP offer. If you have achieved grades of AAA and no WP flags, you would be rejected

Ah ok, thank you!
Hi,

As per entry requirement 2023 its stated below. If you feel if you can aim high for the end you can apply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minimum AAA at A level including Chemistry and Biology plus a third
subject. Please note that the standard offer is likely to be A*AA with the A*
in either Chemistry or Biology.
As per entry requirement 2023 its stated below. If you feel if you can aim high for the end you can apply.
Minimum AAA at A level including Chemistry and Biology plus a third
subject. Please note that the standard offer is likely to be A*AA with the A*
in either Chemistry or Biology.

Hey,

I've have achieved AAA and am not planning on resitting ( I believe Imperial doesn't accept resits either). After @GANFYD advised me that AAA is reserved for contextual, I emailed them to get a final bit of confirmation (as this is my dream uni) and they said the following:
20220919_161010.jpg
So, unfortunately I wouldn't be considered as I am not contextual. I'm glad I found out earlier as otherwise I would have wasted a choice:smile:
Original post by roboticat01
Hi,

Does anyone how widening participation affects the BMAT score. The website says the BMAT score is adjusted and I have heard on other forums the cut-off goes from 10.9 to 10, can anyone confirm this?

Last year cut off for contextual applicants was 10 and non contextual 10.9 yes. Pretty much widening participation has a lower threshold for interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending