The Student Room Group

bad predicted grades :(

hi,

i'm in year 13 now, and my predicted grades last year were anything but good. what could my next steps be? will i have to take a gap year, and apply next year with my actual alevel grades?
Original post by zero333
hi,

i'm in year 13 now, and my predicted grades last year were anything but good. what could my next steps be? will i have to take a gap year, and apply next year with my actual alevel grades?

There isnt a definite answer to this. If you exceed your predictions you might be able to get onto a course through clearing. Alternatively you might need to apply nect year with actual grades,

Please be aware that the vast majority of students do not reach their predicted grades yet alone exceed them. Less than 10% exceed them and those that do only marginally exceed them. School have years of experience of making predictions and tend to over predict rather than under predict. It is not in the schools interest to under predict as the want their students going to the best universities they can.
Original post by zero333
hi,

I suspect that would be a good plan of action - I wouldn't worry about applying this time round but instead focus on getting very strong grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending