The Student Room Group

Brampton manor

Hey if you’re a student or were a student at brampton manor, what did you get for your gcses, what was your GPA and what did you choose for your a levels?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Violet068
Hey if you’re a student or were a student at brampton manor, what did you get for your gcses, what was your GPA and what did you choose for your a levels?

Hey,
Well I applied about a month ago and of course we haven't received any GCSE grades yet but you have to upload your expected. Most of mine were 7-8s with one 6 ,but I already did my English Literature exam and got a grade 8, so I uploaded that too. I'm not sure about my GPA but for my A-Levels I chose English Literature, History and Maths. (Future Architecture student hopefully XD)

I'm really hoping I get in because their application process is extremely long and rather tedious this year, I mean they're only choosing to accept people into the school *after* results day *after* an entire weekend of interviews. I'm not sure as to whether we're meant to then enrol into another school whilst we wait? Otherwise it'd be very unfair to decline other offers on enrolment day and then be declined entry into Brampton later. Brampton Manor is my #1 choice so It's anxiety inducing to have to wait for so long but I'm hoping that my grades and interview secure me a rightful place. What about you?
Reply 2
Hey! I’m in the same boat as you are, with 7/8s and a 9 and 6. I’m choosing politics, psychology, economics, and history (I want to pursue a career in law). And yeah it’s not really fair since applying to sixth forms it’s a very stressful time as well, more for those who didn’t get a conditional offer from sixth forms because of their predicted grades (like me). And also for some years now students outside of newham are also applying to brampton so the competition is really high which makes me hella nervous :/
Original post by Selly45
Hey,
Well I applied about a month ago and of course we haven't received any GCSE grades yet but you have to upload your expected. Most of mine were 7-8s with one 6 ,but I already did my English Literature exam and got a grade 8, so I uploaded that too. I'm not sure about my GPA but for my A-Levels I chose English Literature, History and Maths. (Future Architecture student hopefully XD)

I'm really hoping I get in because their application process is extremely long and rather tedious this year, I mean they're only choosing to accept people into the school *after* results day *after* an entire weekend of interviews. I'm not sure as to whether we're meant to then enrol into another school whilst we wait? Otherwise it'd be very unfair to decline other offers on enrolment day and then be declined entry into Brampton later. Brampton Manor is my #1 choice so It's anxiety inducing to have to wait for so long but I'm hoping that my grades and interview secure me a rightful place. What about you?

Hi, I'm also applying to Brampton, but i did not put my predicted grades as i thought you needed them for results day? was i meant to put my predicted grades
Hey! I’m in the same boat as you are, with 7/8s and a 9 and 6. I’m choosing politics, psychology, economics, and history (I want to pursue a career in law). And yeah it’s not really fair since applying to sixth forms it’s a very stressful time as well, more for those who didn’t get a conditional offer from sixth forms because of their predicted grades (like me). And also for some years now students outside of newham are also applying to brampton so the competition is really high which makes me hella nervous :/

omg i relate so much, my predicted grades are so bad. i did not apply anywhere but brampton only because they are the only sixth form that are giving us time to improve our grades, i'm glad that we did not have to submit predicted grades because if that was the case i would have got rejected. brampton is also my first choice sixth form, im not from newham though so im worried i may not get in ( im from east ldn tho)
Reply 5
Original post by mjle.2021
omg i relate so much, my predicted grades are so bad. i did not apply anywhere but brampton only because they are the only sixth form that are giving us time to improve our grades, i'm glad that we did not have to submit predicted grades because if that was the case i would have got rejected. brampton is also my first choice sixth form, im not from newham though so im worried i may not get in ( im from east ldn tho)

Hey don’t worry. What grades are you currently working on?
Hey don’t worry. What grades are you currently working on?

i have 4 8s in my gcses already
my predicted from january in core subjects + geography were all 4-6 (highest was a 6 in maths :frown:, the 4 was in geography)
but as of now im working at 9 in maths,chemistry,physics,biology,english lit
8 in language and geography
however i think my school might downgrade me as my test results from the autumn term are terrible :/. i think they were so bad because i was really burnt out and had no motivation at all
Original post by mjle.2021
i have 4 8s in my gcses already
my predicted from january in core subjects + geography were all 4-6 (highest was a 6 in maths :frown:, the 4 was in geography)
but as of now im working at 9 in maths,chemistry,physics,biology,english lit
8 in language and geography
however i think my school might downgrade me as my test results from the autumn term are terrible :/. i think they were so bad because i was really burnt out and had no motivation at all

did u get in ?
Reply 8

Hey! I've been going to Brampton Manor since y7 and I'm currently in y12. For my GCSEs I got grades 4-9, and I study English Literature, Sociology, Psychology and RE at A-Level. My GPA was around 7.2, and I am currently predicted all As at AS-Level. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending