The Student Room Group

Official University Offer Holder thread list (2024 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nithinnnn
Hello, Thank you very much Sarah.

Hi @UCLan Ambassador Sarah would you mind posting the UCLan Offer Holders Thread here so that I can add it to the original post? Many thanks, Emmanuella :smile:
Original post by emm4nuella
Hi @UCLan Ambassador Sarah would you mind posting the UCLan Offer Holders Thread here so that I can add it to the original post? Many thanks, Emmanuella :smile:

Hi @emm4nuella,

Of course, here is the thread - Official UCLan Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room

Many thanks, 😊
Sarah
Hi @emm4nuella is there one for staffordshire uni?
Reply 44
Hey, this is regarding A100 Medicine universities. Have all the application for 2024 entries closed? Or are there any more universities I can apply to right now? (Just to make sure I get offers)
Reply 45
@emm4nuella is there one for Chester please? Warrington campus xx
Original post by Karlielkc
@emm4nuella is there one for Chester please? Warrington campus xx

hello @Karlielkc i have made a general chester offer holders thread for you :smile: - Official University of Chester Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room
do people who already have their grades/ international students get ucas offers quicker?
Reply 48
Original post by courteous-jury
do people who already have their grades/ international students get ucas offers quicker?

I wouldn’t say so, I’m having to do my functional skills testing but got my offer the same day - super excited xx
Reply 49
Hey, this is regarding A100 Medicine universities. Have all the application for 2024 entries closed? Or are there any more universities I can apply to right now? (Just to make sure I get offers)

@emm4nuella Please follow up on this, thank you!
@emm4nuella Please follow up on this, thank you!

you need to do your own research unfortunately i am not an expert on this! but i would think most universities would have closed their medicine courses by now! you can search on ucas and enter that code and then go on individual unis websites and see if they accept late applications
is there a sheffield thread?
Reply 52
Original post by emm4nuella
you need to do your own research unfortunately i am not an expert on this! but i would think most universities would have closed their medicine courses by now! you can search on ucas and enter that code and then go on individual unis websites and see if they accept late applications

Ahh Okay, thank you!
hey everyone, not universities-related BUT if you haven't heard of the tsr study together sessions that will be live launching next week, then press the link to find out more! if you mostly study humanities subjects (bscly anything that's not considered a STEM subject) would be nice if you could represent! 🥳 (i am in the humanities team, that's why!) we can win thissssss 🏅❤️
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Heroherobot
Does anyone know how likely it will be for Bath to be in clearing? I would happily take any engineering, chemistry or physics course.

University of Bath have been on clearing in recent years.
Last year they had the following in clearing for home students:
Civil Engineering

Structural and Architectural Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering with Environmental Engineering
Physics
Physics with Astrophysics
Physics with Theoretical Physics
Mathematics and Physics
(thanks to research done by @McGinger last year)

Importantly, don't just take one and expect to enjoy the course for 3-4 years. It takes a lot of commitment and dedication. Do you want to be in chemistry labs covering organic and inorganic chem in detail? Or do you want to learn about astrophysics, quantum, wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff? Or do you want to do engineering?

You should decide that before going "I'll give Bath a try in clearing"
Original post by Heroherobot
I have applied for EEE on my ucas, but I would be inclined to switch to something chemistry related in clearing, specifically at Bath. I enjoy Maths, Chemistry and Physics, so I think chem eng would be a good choice, but I'm not entirely sure how this would differ from chemistry

My advice would be to stay in the Engineering field, chem eng is reasonable - BSc / MChem Chemistry is not

@CheeseIsVeg do you have any advice for someone thinking of taking up a chemistry course in clearing when their original application was EEE?
Reply 56
@emm4nuella Can you please tell me what UCAS Extra is? I am finding it very hard to understand what it is.
@emm4nuella Can you please tell me what UCAS Extra is? I am finding it very hard to understand what it is.
there is a link here :smile: - UCAS Extra | No Offers? Add More Choices With Our 'Extra' Service

i don't have a lot of experience as i am only in year 13 and haven't finished the whole university application experience yet :biggrin:

Once you have all your replies from your unis, if you don't hold an offer (or if you have rejected any offers you did have), you can add another choice. You can only add one choice at a time. Search UCAS using the filter 'Show courses with vacancies' and also call the uni to double check that the course is still open to applicants.
Reply 59
Original post by normaw
Once you have all your replies from your unis, if you don't hold an offer (or if you have rejected any offers you did have), you can add another choice. You can only add one choice at a time. Search UCAS using the filter 'Show courses with vacancies' and also call the uni to double check that the course is still open to applicants.
1) So I have only applied for 4 Universities. Am I required to apply to all 5, have no offers, and only then can I apply for extras, or can I apply for extras right now with only 4 university applications proceeded?

2) The courses and unis we put on extras, Can it be the same course that I was previously rejected from, but a different university instead, or will it be any other course except the course I was rejected from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending