The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Official Loughborough University Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kxtievioletx
I got an offer for Pol + IR! Have you heard back yet?
Yes, thank goodness!.
Looking forwarding to attending offer holders day in April now ☺️
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by LuluLaLou
Yes, thank goodness!.
Looking forwarding to attending offer holders day in April now ☺️
yay , congrats, i’m going too so maybe I’ll see you there! where else did you apply to?
yay , congrats, i’m going too so maybe I’ll see you there! where else did you apply to?
Cardiff (offer)
Bristol (hold)
Southampton….
Bath Spa….
And Loughborough of course!
Just got to get the right A-Level results now 😬
(edited 1 month ago)
Cardiff (offer)
Bristol (hold)
Southampton….
Bath Spa….
And Loughborough of course!
Just got to get the right A-Level results now 😬
nice! congrats on the cardiff offer and fingers crossed for the rest. bristol seems to put people on hold every single year lol, my friend is heading there in september after being on hold though so it’s not necessarily a bad sign like most people think! what do you think your firm will be if you get offers from all your choices?
nice! congrats on the cardiff offer and fingers crossed for the rest. bristol seems to put people on hold every single year lol, my friend is heading there in september after being on hold though so it’s not necessarily a bad sign like most people think! what do you think your firm will be if you get offers from all your choices?
Really debating between Loughborough, Cardiff and Bristol tbh.
Was chuffed with the Cardiff offer though given my application was technically a day late (because l swopped it last minute!)
Where did you apply?
I’ve heard that Bristol has quite the reputation for ‘holding’.
Not sure why things are so quiet with Southampton and Bath Spa though 🫤
Really debating between Loughborough, Cardiff and Bristol tbh.
Was chuffed with the Cardiff offer though given my application was technically a day late (because l swopped it last minute!)
Where did you apply?
I’ve heard that Bristol has quite the reputation for ‘holding’.
Not sure why things are so quiet with Southampton and Bath Spa though 🫤
they’re all really good options it’ll be hard for you to pick i think. bath spa and southampton taking a while is a bit strange tho but i reckon they’ll get back to you soon.

i applied to loughborough (obvs), lancaster, leicester, exeter and the cambridge foundation year. i got quite lucky and have had offers from all apart from cambridge which i find out if i’ve been shortlisted for assessment and interview for on the 4th 😵*💫
they’re all really good options it’ll be hard for you to pick i think. bath spa and southampton taking a while is a bit strange tho but i reckon they’ll get back to you soon.

i applied to loughborough (obvs), lancaster, leicester, exeter and the cambridge foundation year. i got quite lucky and have had offers from all apart from cambridge which i find out if i’ve been shortlisted for assessment and interview for on the 4th 😵*💫
Best of luck on 4th 🍀
I had offer from Bath Spa today.
So just waiting on Southampton and Bristol now.
Reply 67
Hi. Couple of questions:
1) My son has had offers from 4 out of 5 of his choices, but hasn't heard back from Lufbra. (He's applied for Aero Engineering with a Foundation Year). Does this mean he's been rejected? If not, when can he expect to hear?
2) I see start of term is 30 Sept. When is Freshers Week and when would we need to drop him off?
Original post by TC2024
Hi. Couple of questions:
1) My son has had offers from 4 out of 5 of his choices, but hasn't heard back from Lufbra. (He's applied for Aero Engineering with a Foundation Year). Does this mean he's been rejected? If not, when can he expect to hear?
2) I see start of term is 30 Sept. When is Freshers Week and when would we need to drop him off?
Hey, so im assuming you mean loughborough, and no that does not mean he is rejected yet as offers can be made up until mid of may. It is hard to say when you will recieve a response but you have until the start of june to decide between your options and which you want to choose so dont worry you have a lot of time. For fresher week, last year it ran from 28th september to 8th october so it will be around then but you will recieve a detailed timeline once you receive your results on results day and get into your uni. feel free to ask anymore questions if you are confused
Reply 69
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hey, so im assuming you mean loughborough, and no that does not mean he is rejected yet as offers can be made up until mid of may. It is hard to say when you will recieve a response but you have until the start of june to decide between your options and which you want to choose so dont worry you have a lot of time. For fresher week, last year it ran from 28th september to 8th october so it will be around then but you will recieve a detailed timeline once you receive your results on results day and get into your uni. feel free to ask anymore questions if you are confused
Many thanks for replying. (Yes, Lufbra is what we all called it when I was there many years ago!). So if he went to Lufbra would he arrive at the start of Freshers Week? This was how it used to be but I hear now that it's staggered and different halls have different arrival days. Just trying to figure what weekends I need to keep free in September...
Original post by TC2024
Hi. Couple of questions:
Hi @TC2024 ,

If you have any questions regarding an application you are welcome to email [email protected] with your UCAS Personal ID Number and the team can update you on the status of your application.

Freshers week tends to be the week before the start date. Usually if you are living in halls, once you have this secured, they will contact you with a move in date for that specific accommodation. You will also be given a freshers week plan with things to do in the day and the evenings.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask 🙂

Alex
Best of luck on 4th 🍀
I had offer from Bath Spa today.
So just waiting on Southampton and Bristol now.
Thank you 🙂 Congrats on Bath Spa, hopefully Bristol and Southampton aren’t too long now!
hey guys, joining University Connect by TSR is another way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you!! the link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:
Hello,
About me: Alevels - Physics, Religious Studies, Textiles, EPQ
I've applied for and got a place on the Foundation Art, Design and Media course. Any other applicants/ offer holders/ students that have completed the Foundation on here? I have 2 other offers (AUB and Kingston) to consider and want a feel for life at Loughborough and generally anything about the course :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 74
Just got my economics offer and I'm happy I got it but I'm worried about the grades I have to get. AAAB, slightly worrying lol I think I'll be okay I just won't have a life for the next two months
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by TC2024
Hi. Couple of questions:

replying to your recent post here:

DSA doesnt give you money, it only buys you stuff such as learning software and equipment, if lucky you will get a laptop but no actual cash. if hes doing 4 years he may aswell take the loan, there isnt much of a differene and once the year is gone you cant go back and try claim for it. Better to take it and worse case have the money and best case just pay it back at the end of the academic year or whenever you want to, rates are about 6% currently. But no, the SFE loans are assessed based year on year so one year you could take none and the next take the maximum. Also have you considered telling him to get a job while at uni, if hes doing foundation year will easily have alot of time.
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! @flowersinmyhair made a thread asking whether the campus environment influenced your uni choices, and @Scotland Yard wants to know your opinion on whether unis should ban meat from their menus! Would love to know your thoughts in both threads :smile:!

Click the links below to get involved!

Do you think universities should ban meat from their menus? - The Student Room
Did the campus environment influence your uni decision? - The Student Room

And if you want to get involved with more TSR Goes Green threads that may interest you, look no further: TSR Goes Green! Mk II - 2024 Hub thread - The Student Room
I received a PhD offer from computer engineering. I will study Quantum Computing and work on optimization of algorithms. I have now completed my ATAS and am waiting for their results.
Is there anyone currently studying this field at university like me? Additionally, I may need help with accommodation, I have not visited the school yet..
I applied to Cambridge, Loughborough, Manchester and Imperial College universities. I got offers from all of them except Cambridge. I chose Loughborough because of the advantages it provides.
(edited 1 day ago)
Is anyone else going to the offer holders day tomorrow (technically today lol)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending