The Student Room Group

Want to know - DMU engineering/computing

I will be joining DMUIC this 8 January for the course Engineering and Computing.
I was quite late to apply for September. That is why I had an option of the OIEG pathway. I want to know how my classes will be taken. I want to join the Computer Science in year 2. Will I be able to cope with different syllabus from CS first year and Engineering 1st year.

I am kind of scared. Don't know anything and a new country. And can also tell how will be the exams and course work be like.

Thanks for reading and giving your valuable time.
Original post by Sadia Hossain
I will be joining DMUIC this 8 January for the course Engineering and Computing.
I was quite late to apply for September. That is why I had an option of the OIEG pathway. I want to know how my classes will be taken. I want to join the Computer Science in year 2. Will I be able to cope with different syllabus from CS first year and Engineering 1st year.

I am kind of scared. Don't know anything and a new country. And can also tell how will be the exams and course work be like.

@De Montfort University Can you offer any advice?
Original post by Sadia Hossain

Hi there! I am an international student myself, and I have also gone through IYZ in Computing.

There is nothing scary about it and it is actually a very good start for your academic journey. You will have a number of subjects, such as English for Academic Purposes, Mathematics, Study Skills, Computer Skills and Research and E-commerce. All those subjects are designed to teach you all the academic and non-academic skills you may need for university. One example is academic referencing. As I learned referencing in DMUIC, I do not have any issues now in my second year, but my classmates struggle with citation.

Regarding your exams, so it will be in the form of tests, coursework and essays. In EAP you will have essays, presentations, group work, etc. Please, do not be too scared as everything is being taught from 0 and you will be supported through every stage.

Please, let me know if you have any other questions,

Ilya :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there! I am an international student myself, and I have also gone through IYZ in Computing.

There is nothing scary about it and it is actually a very good start for your academic journey. You will have a number of subjects, such as English for Academic Purposes, Mathematics, Study Skills, Computer Skills and Research and E-commerce. All those subjects are designed to teach you all the academic and non-academic skills you may need for university. One example is academic referencing. As I learned referencing in DMUIC, I do not have any issues now in my second year, but my classmates struggle with citation.

Regarding your exams, so it will be in the form of tests, coursework and essays. In EAP you will have essays, presentations, group work, etc. Please, do not be too scared as everything is being taught from 0 and you will be supported through every stage.

Please, let me know if you have any other questions,

Ilya :smile:

Going for ,International year one. Not zero. Still happy reading .Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending