I just ripped up my sixth form college certificates

They are just ******* me off
Alright
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
They are just ****ing me off

You 'k hun?
You should talk to this person.
Pointless and expensive. The grades haven’t gone away and now you have to pay ~£40 per certificate for replacements if any employees or universities ask for them.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Pointless and expensive. The grades haven’t gone away and now you have to pay ~£40 per certificate for replacements if any employees or universities ask for them.

Or should I say sixth form college certificate (only 1 certificate) and that is not sufficient for university and I won't be applying to university so it's fine so universities aren't going to ask for them.
Or should I say sixth form college certificate (only 1 certificate) and that is not sufficient for university and I won't be applying to university so it's fine so universities aren't going to ask for them.

And if an employer asks to see it?
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One

They won't specifically say sixth form will they? They will say last qualification certificate in which case I'll just show my GCSEs and training certificates.
They won't specifically say sixth form will they? They will say last qualification certificate in which case I'll just show my GCSEs and training certificates.

Have you ripped up an attendance or enrolment certificate?
Reply 9

I doubt I will apply to university. After my experience of A Levels I just don't think I am clever enough for university. Working looks for experience not qualifications so why would they ask for qualification certificates? My kind of jobs are going to be entry level admin jobs in rubbish construction companies or something. It's not like I am going into a demanding job like a lawyer or solicitor that asks for a high level of education. My kind of jobs will only ask for GCSEs.
Reply 10
Have you ripped up an attendance or enrolment certificate?

No I don't have an attendance or enrolment certificate.
No I don't have an attendance or enrolment certificate.

Then I don’t think anyone who has replied has any idea what document you’ve ripped up.

I doubt I will apply to university. After my experience of A Levels I just don't think I am clever enough for university. Working looks for experience not qualifications so why would they ask for qualification certificates? My kind of jobs are going to be entry level admin jobs in rubbish construction companies or something. It's not like I am going into a demanding job like a lawyer or solicitor that asks for a high level of education. My kind of jobs will only ask for GCSEs.

Every admin job I’ve ever done, starting from data entry upwards, has asked me to evidence all my quals.
Reply 12
Then I don’t think anyone who has replied has any idea what document you’ve ripped up.

Every admin job I’ve ever done, starting from data entry upwards, has asked me to evidence all my quals.

I ripped up the original AQA AS Level certificate that the exam board gave me. I did an external exam for one of my subjects for the first year of A Level.
Reply 13
I ripped up the original AQA AS Level certificate that the exam board gave me. I did an external exam for one of my subjects for the first year of A Level.

Why didn't you burn it on YouTube?
Coulda been quids in!
Well that was a bit silly wasn't it
Congratulations on a pointless gesture 🤷
Reply 16
Postgrad here who has worked a few jobs. I have never been asked for any school exams certificate. Been asked for copy of my undergrad BSc cert once.
Original post by Anonymous #1
They are just ******* me off

print out a copy of it, and then you can set the copy on fire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending