The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Bsc Economics and philosophy 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dillontaylor
Ah shame, sorry to hear but better now than later right? Heard of people receiving rejections right before A2 exams. Did you get Bristol anyways

Thanks, it is a better time than later, and no I havent got bristol yet since they emailed me and told me I was in place on hold back in november last year.

Actually that brings another question since which one is better between bristol and exeter if bristol offered me a place. Right now I prefer exeter a lot since the THE rankings show exeter is a lot better at teaching quality and so on. Also my main purpose is to work in the UK and get PSB work visas and eventually get permanent residency. So local reputation matters to me.

But bristol is a lot famous especially im an international student, and bristol has a higher rankings at QS, since thats what my country's employers mainly focus at.

I would like to hear all the opinions and i would appreciate it a lot.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by DavidB6677
Thanks, it is a better time than later, and no I havent got bristol yet since they emailed me and told me I was in place on hold back in november last year.

Actually that brings another question since which one is better between bristol and exeter if bristol offered me a place. Right now I prefer exeter a lot since the THE rankings show exeter is a lot better at teaching quality and so on. Also my main purpose is to work in the UK and get PSB work visas and eventually get permanent residency. So local reputation matters to me.

But bristol is a lot famous especially im an international student, and bristol has a higher rankings at QS, since thats what my country's employers mainly focus at.

I would like to hear all the opinions and i would appreciate it a lot.

Definitely so, I’d say academically Bristol still has the advantage on local metrics too, given they’re still a research powerhouse, but I think it more so depends on the ranking site you’re taking it from. I’d base which one you go for more on personal opinion, given they’re both close enough to London and I doubt employability would vary.

Let me know which one you decide on anyways though! From what I understand you pick a firm and insurance, so maybe Bristol could still be your firm if you get those harder-to-attain grades.

Best of luck!
Original post by DavidB6677
Yeah, lse just rejected me, thats absolutely efficient I have to say

Hi sorry to hear. What were the grades (predicted or achieved?) that you applied with and what was the reason you were rejected?
I also applied with A*AA predicted (A* in economics) and A in EPQ - waiting to hear back. Did LSE give any offers in Philosophy and Economics yet?
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous #5
I also applied with A*AA predicted (A* in economics) and A in EPQ - waiting to hear back. Did LSE give any offers in Philosophy and Economics yet?

not that i’ve seen any so far
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi sorry to hear. What were the grades (predicted or achieved?) that you applied with and what was the reason you were rejected?

a*aab and an a in epq, a* for physics. The reason was that I didnt achieve there usual standard offer, and probably a lot lower.
I know my grades are not competitive, so I didnt actually expect that lse would offer me a place at first, but still, kinda pitty.
Im probably gonna go to exeter as they offered me a place last year for ppe, and im also waiting for bristol's offer.
Has anyone else gotten an offer? Lmk if there is a chat for offer holders!!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Has anyone else gotten an offer? Lmk if there is a chat for offer holders!!

I'm not sure if anyone has yet, but likewise! Wishing all of us luck
Original post by dillontaylor
I'm not sure if anyone has yet, but likewise! Wishing all of us luck

I got an offer on the 6th of Feb!
Reply 29

congrats! when did you apply?
Reply 30

What were your predicted grades?
Original post by Anonymous #1
congrats! when did you apply?

Thank you! I applied on the 29th of September!
Original post by Yasos123
What were your predicted grades?

A*A*A and an A in EPQ
Just got an offer
Congratulations! Are you gonna firm LSE? Might see you in September iA!
Yes it will be my firm choice
Just got an offer
what were your predicted grades and gcses roughly if you don’t mind me asking? i’ve applied as well
A*AA (Religious Studies, Economics and Maths) plus achieved EPQ grade of A and 10 gcse with average 8
I got an offer as well
A*AA (Religious Studies, Economics and Maths) plus achieved EPQ grade of A and 10 gcse with average 8

When did you guys send in applications? I just had to send them a fee status questionnaire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending