The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Bsc Economics and philosophy 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #7
When did you guys send in applications? I just had to send them a fee status questionnaire
Mid january
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous #5
Mid january
Home or international?
When did you guys send in applications? I just had to send them a fee status questionnaire
I sent my appication in on the 29th of September
Just received a home offer, anybody else heard back yet?
Just received a home offer, anybody else heard back yet?
I heard back today. It was a rejection. I was so upset because my predicteds were decent 2 a*s and and an a. i heard of many people get in with lower so i thought i stood a decent chance. i got the ucas track email in the evening so i’ll probably get the lse email tomorrow morning. what grades did u get in with?
Original post by Anonymous #6
I heard back today. It was a rejection. I was so upset because my predicteds were decent 2 a*s and and an a. i heard of many people get in with lower so i thought i stood a decent chance. i got the ucas track email in the evening so i’ll probably get the lse email tomorrow morning. what grades did u get in with?
Sorry to hear that, I know it can be tough but at the end it still was somewhat a gamble with its still really low offer rate and other factors determining it. My grades were A*AA with A* epq confirmed. Did LSE give you a reason such as PS/GCSEs as I think that would've more likely been the determinate factor there, but again sorry to hear and hope you've received good offers from your others.
Original post by econlol12643
I got an offer as well
What were your predicteds and gcse apps if you don’t mind me asking
Sorry to hear that, I know it can be tough but at the end it still was somewhat a gamble with its still really low offer rate and other factors determining it. My grades were A*AA with A* epq confirmed. Did LSE give you a reason such as PS/GCSEs as I think that would've more likely been the determinate factor there, but again sorry to hear and hope you've received good offers from your others.
They just said my application was good but I didn’t get in due to the exceptional standard of other applicants. That’s kind of an annoying response because they didn’t specifically say where I was lagging. It cant be predicteds because people have gotten in with lower. My GCSEs weren’t outstanding but mainly 8s and 9s and then they didn’t say it was the personal statement which they usually say if it is apparaently. Unless they mean my ps was good but just not as strong. I might email asking for feedback in case I reapply next year but I don’t know who to email.
Original post by Khannn123
Got an offer!, if anybody wants to revise maths together hit me up.
what grades did u get in with if u don’t mind me asking
forgot to mention i got an offer!! hope to see you guys in september:smile:
Sounds good if it helps with clarity, but if you’ve already got a strong different offer I don’t think it’d be worth it unless you think you’ll exceed your predicteds. What is your top other offer?
Original post by Anonymous #1
forgot to mention i got an offer!! hope to see you guys in september:smile:
Congrats! see you there. Anybody made a group chat by chance?
I can make one if you guys want to join.
that would be nice yea
Original post by Anonymous #3
I applied to economics and philosophy too - i got an offer from UCL. Waiting to hear from Kings on Political Economy and LSE. Home student
Are you planning on firming UCL? I've got an offer from UCL too!
Original post by Anonymous #8
Are you planning on firming UCL? I've got an offer from UCL too!
I’m firming ucl too!
Original post by Anonymous #6
I’m firming ucl too!
Do you know any others? Let’s stay in contact!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending