The Student Room Group

is it too risky applying to a new course?

hiya i'm applying to university of leicester for diagnostic radiography as i went on the open day and I loved the university and the city however radiography is a new course there with 2023 applicants being the first ever. They have the HCPC accreditation which is the main thing needed to qualify as a Radiographer however I'm concerned about teaching and whether jobs would accept me over say a university that has been offering radiography for years
NHS employers don't tend to care which university you went to, as long as you have the required professional registration.

If the uni runs other allied health courses, then they should be able to manage the radiography course just fine :smile:
Original post by mackers_ire
NHS employers don't tend to care which university you went to, as long as you have the required professional registration.

If the uni runs other allied health courses, then they should be able to manage the radiography course just fine :smile:

okay thank youuu!!
Original post by giveonsupremacy
hiya i'm applying to university of leicester for diagnostic radiography as i went on the open day and I loved the university and the city however radiography is a new course there with 2023 applicants being the first ever. They have the HCPC accreditation which is the main thing needed to qualify as a Radiographer however I'm concerned about teaching and whether jobs would accept me over say a university that has been offering radiography for years

Hi there @giveonsupremacy

I am happy to hear you've come for an open day and enjoyed yourself! The teaching team are experienced in this field and have all the skills and knowledge to support you on your degree. 60% of your course time is spent on clinical placement which will equip you with crucial clinical experience to develop your skills as a future radiographer. You can learn about who will be teaching you on Staff list on our website and learn about some of the teaching facilities.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns 🙂

Best wishes,

Sumayyah
UK Student Recruitment Assistant
(Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience)

Quick Reply

Latest