The Student Room Group

International Student January 2024 Accommodation Buddy Up Thread

Hey everyone,

I'm an international student starting at SHU for my postgraduate course Jan 2024.

I've struggled with the accommodation search and thought i'd start this thread hoping to connect with other international students who might be interested in buddying up to share a flat together.

And hopefully others can also benefit from this thread.

I'm 25, Nigerian, Male

Lived in the UK 8 years already so not that 'international' anymore, as such i'm also open to buddying up with home students.

Interests - Fitness/Bodybuilding, Music, Photography, Architecture(first degree), and generally just being active.

I'm somewhat introverted but also can be sociable (by choice lol)

I'm OCD but not extremely, I just appreciate cleanliness, and general order for the sake of comfort in my (or shared) space.

I'm looking to live central and have a budget of around 500pcm - 650pcm for a good place, I've seen many 2-3 bedroom flats within this price range per person.

Let me know if you are interested or in a similar position, happy to connect and discuss.
Original post by Durotimi
Hey everyone,

I'm an international student starting at SHU for my postgraduate course Jan 2024.

I've struggled with the accommodation search and thought i'd start this thread hoping to connect with other international students who might be interested in buddying up to share a flat together.

I'm 25, Nigerian, Male

Lived in the UK 8 years already so not that 'international' anymore, as such i'm also open to buddying up with home students.

Interests - Fitness/Bodybuilding, Music, Photography, Architecture(first degree), and generally just being active.

I'm OCD but not extremely, I just appreciate cleanliness, and general order for the sake of comfort in my (or shared) space.

I'm looking to live central and have a budget of around 500pcm - 650pcm for a good place, I've seen many 2-3 bedroom flats within this price range per person.

Let me know if you are interested or in a similar position, happy to connect and discuss.

Hey Durotimi,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time finding suitable accommodations. Have you checked out the SHU Private Housing Listings? There are many listings to choose from, and hopefully, you can find one that suits your needs. Let me know if you find or need more suggestions. I hope this helps. 😊

Mo - Student Ambassador at Hallam
Hey everyone,

I'm 25, Nigerian, Male

Hi Durotimi,

I'm looking for someone to take over my tenancy in a 3 bed student house on 29 Neill Road from January 2024.

I know you said you're looking for somewhere central, but the house is just outside the city centre in a nicer area with buses going to and from. It's also a short walk away from the Collegiate campus and library.

There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants nearby too.

The rent is also cheaper at only £477 a month.

The two guys here are friendly, easy going and relatively clean undergrads.

If you're interested please reply and get in touch as soon as possible.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 3
I used to stay on London Road... its a bit of a walk from the city campus but its alright...
I used to stay in the building across from the post office, above the Japanese restaurant... I forget the name now... but it was a good area
Hey everyone,
I'm 25, Nigerian, Male

Hiii I have a studio available with its own gym a cinema room and games room it is however £700 a month but bills are included in that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending