The Student Room Group

Replacement uniform

Hi, I've just finished RAF basic training at Halton, and I'm awaiting my date to move on to Cosford for phase 2 training. When travelling home with my kit one of my pens has leaked all over my camo pcs shirt, I've had it dry cleaned, and have washed multiple times with stain remover, it has faded but not gone. Who do I get in touch with regarding getting issued a replacement?
TIA
Reply 1
Go to clothing stores on camp and exchange it. Should be FoC.
Reply 2
Original post by Schleigg
Go to clothing stores on camp and exchange it. Should be FoC.

Great thank you 👍🏻
Reply 3
Original post by sneakybetty
Hi, I've just finished RAF basic training at Halton, and I'm awaiting my date to move on to Cosford for phase 2 training. When travelling home with my kit one of my pens has leaked all over my camo pcs shirt, I've had it dry cleaned, and have washed multiple times with stain remover, it has faded but not gone. Who do I get in touch with regarding getting issued a replacement?
TIA
hi sorry this isn’t relevant too what you’re asking but during your weeks at halton how was your time off on weekends did you get any too go back home
Reply 4
Original post by Jessx12
hi sorry this isn’t relevant too what you’re asking but during your weeks at halton how was your time off on weekends did you get any too go back home
Hi there, Halton is extremely hard work under intense pressure. There is not a lot of time off, a few hours at weekends, but there are always jobs to do such as washing, ironing and cleaning which is expected of you. There are no home visits for the entire 10 weeks (I had a 48 hr home visit due to a family bereavement) but we had time off for local leave around Aylesbury twice, assuming you pass all inspections and work hard and behave. Family could travel to see you on that leave, you cannot travel home. Your contact with family is through phone calls which are crucial for support and encouragement throughout your training. It is extremely exhausting physically and mentally, not least because of lack of sleep....BUT...you leave training a different person, you walk taller, you have pride in what you've achieved and been through, alongside what will become some of the best friends you'll ever have. I hope this has helped answer some of your questions, and if you are considering a career in the RAF I can recommend it 100% if you love hard work and your country. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest