The Student Room Group

Vodafone Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone received anything for the assessment centre? In their occasional email, they said they would start emailing details at the end of February time and then into March.
Original post by Jo.nathan3.0
Has anyone received anything for the assessment centre? In their occasional email, they said they would start emailing details at the end of February time and then into March.
None. He said “occasional email”🤣🤣
none so far
Reply 43
I'm convinced these apprenticeship positions are only posted for the children of executives of the companies. Only 1 or 2 slots are given out to real people per 20 slots. They post the jobs just for complaince reasons...Or I'm just salty, either or.
Original post by mo7md
I'm convinced these apprenticeship positions are only posted for the children of executives of the companies. Only 1 or 2 slots are given out to real people per 20 slots. They post the jobs just for complaince reasons...Or I'm just salty, either or.

I haven't recieved anything for this apprenticeship yet but I've been offered an interview for BAE. I am far from a child of an executive. Some of these companies haven't done these application processes as good as they should have.
I haven't recieved anything for this apprenticeship yet but I've been offered an interview for BAE. I am far from a child of an executive. Some of these companies haven't done these application processes as good as they should have.
Exactly. Vodafone sending all those stuff but not being able to even get through the online assessment stage was rather silly
Reply 46
Hence the 1 or 2 real positions being offered. 🫡
What's all this sudden stuff, we started getting rejections recently or we just ranting out here?
Either way tho I do gotta agree the processes kinda suck. Now I don't wanna make any assumptions but I suspect that these companies look for certain groups of people and ignore everyone else. Someone who works in cybersec for a certain company (not Vodafone) said that all the new interns all had similar backgrounds etc so it's gonna sound like excuses but I feel like some of us get less consideration than others. My last hope is Vodafone or Gov apprenticeship but if I get rejected I still got uni unconditional offers to fall back on. Would be a shame tho since experience is the most important thing. Ignorance is bliss what can I say
Reply 48
Original post by hcwon1
What's all this sudden stuff, we started getting rejections recently or we just ranting out here?
Either way tho I do gotta agree the processes kinda suck. Now I don't wanna make any assumptions but I suspect that these companies look for certain groups of people and ignore everyone else. Someone who works in cybersec for a certain company (not Vodafone) said that all the new interns all had similar backgrounds etc so it's gonna sound like excuses but I feel like some of us get less consideration than others. My last hope is Vodafone or Gov apprenticeship but if I get rejected I still got uni unconditional offers to fall back on. Would be a shame tho since experience is the most important thing. Ignorance is bliss what can I say

Same position, failed so many apprenticeships ngl, but unis (got 2 offers 🫡) and gov apprenticeships are still there to fall back on. The best decision i took was to apply early and get a feel for the processes.
Hey I have my assessment center for Vodafone on Tuesday for cyber security - anyone else?
Original post by manraj_b28
Hey I have my assessment center for Vodafone on Tuesday for cyber security - anyone else?

When did you get an email?
Original post by hcwon1
Nah, no response at all actually. My last hope is jlr. I’m putting everything in my final interview and I genuinely hope I get in, else might even take a gap year because I am tired💀 I feel like they look at your current post code and other things as well. My mum calls them the “unspoken rules”, and apparently that’s a thing
Around a week and a half ago
Around a week and a half ago

What u mean a week and a half ago lmao?!?! Why didn't you tell this then haha. Congrats tho
What u mean a week and a half ago lmao?!?! Why didn't you tell this then haha. Congrats tho

Thanks man appreciate it. Sorry I just came on now cause I was looking for advice for the assessment center I didn't realise the spots were quite rare. But genuinely don't feel bad guys Ive had a lot of experience with assessment centres so i have a bit of advantage - dont give ip and keep grinding fellas - we'll make it
Original post by Rahmakoko
Nah, no response at all actually. My last hope is jlr. I’m putting everything in my final interview and I genuinely hope I get in, else might even take a gap year because I am tired💀 I feel like they look at your current post code and other things as well. My mum calls them the “unspoken rules”, and apparently that’s a thing

I acc got rejected from jlr - didn't even get into assessment center - competition was high so congrats bro
I acc got rejected from jlr - didn't even get into assessment center - competition was high so congrats bro
Really? Thanks fr. Idek how I did it. Vodafone wouldn’t even give me the results of my initial assessment, the irony😭
(edited 1 month ago)
Thanks man appreciate it. Sorry I just came on now cause I was looking for advice for the assessment center I didn't realise the spots were quite rare. But genuinely don't feel bad guys Ive had a lot of experience with assessment centres so i have a bit of advantage - dont give ip and keep grinding fellas - we'll make it
is it for the London one?
Also do you have any tips for how you did your online assessment or how to get ready for an assessment centre?
Original post by lulu5678890
Also do you have any tips for how you did your online assessment or how to get ready for an assessment centre?

I think for both just know company values inside and out and always reference them and make sure u show u have a genuine passion and make sure u know how you show all your soft skills with backed up examples already preprepared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending