The Student Room Group

2024 Vodafone Level 4 Software Engineering Apprenticeship

anyone applied for this and completed the online assessment/video interview?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by duduudud
anyone applied for this and completed the online assessment/video interview?

Havent done it, but judging from what last year applicants are sayin, it looks as if its random ahh questions since the majority consensus was saying they got surprised by the questions.
Reply 2
Original post by phenhoe
Havent done it, but judging from what last year applicants are sayin, it looks as if its random ahh questions since the majority consensus was saying they got surprised by the questions.

really? i haven't done the video interview yet but I've done the only other assessment which they called the pattern challenge. since they're only doing one assessment/test and a video interview for this stage, i feel like the questions hopefully shouldnt be too hard to answer
Reply 3
really? i haven't done the video interview yet but I've done the only other assessment which they called the pattern challenge. since they're only doing one assessment/test and a video interview for this stage, i feel like the questions hopefully shouldnt be too hard to answer

Yea I'm pretty sure the actual test itself is normal but I saw some people say the vid interview game random qs like 'how do you cope with mental health ' and another like 'wat u ask if u meet the ceo in the lift'
Reply 4
Original post by phenhoe
Yea I'm pretty sure the actual test itself is normal but I saw some people say the vid interview game random qs like 'how do you cope with mental health ' and another like 'wat u ask if u meet the ceo in the lift'

oh lmao, i just did the video interview and i didn’t get any questions like that - there were 5 of them, they were just the usual motivational and behavioural etc. they were actually not bad and if you just write up and practice answers to the most common interview questions, you'll be set
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
I have got to do the video assessment and pattern assessment. What is the pattern assessment if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Mattytas1
I have got to do the video assessment and pattern assessment. What is the pattern assessment if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks

i don't want to go into too much detail but its basically testing abstract/logical reasoning, so if you practice lots of those type of puzzles (e.g., questions where you have to choose the missing part of a sequence by finding out the sequence's common pattern/logic etc.) you'll be good.
i don't want to go into too much detail but its basically testing abstract/logical reasoning, so if you practice lots of those type of puzzles (e.g., questions where you have to choose the missing part of a sequence by finding out the sequence's common pattern/logic etc.) you'll be good.

Did anyone else get automated feedback. I’d just like to know what everyone else got and how they found it. It’s cool how AI summarises it all and gives you feedback immediately.
Reply 8
Original post by John Mcghee
Did anyone else get automated feedback. I’d just like to know what everyone else got and how they found it. It’s cool how AI summarises it all and gives you feedback immediately.

yeah, as soon as i finished all the tasks it sent automated feedback - but only for the logical task, the feedback for the video interview was empty for some reason. it said i performed in the average range for the logical task, just glad i didn't flop it completely lol
Reply 9
I did the patterns test, hadn't done any practice beforehand and had no idea for half of them 😀 haven't done anything like that since the CATS at school at 11 - I did well in the CATS but I wouldn't be surprised if I completely messed this up as I was just wildly guessing most of the time. Going to do the video assessment today.
Reply 10
Original post by JackSan123
I did the patterns test, hadn't done any practice beforehand and had no idea for half of them 😀 haven't done anything like that since the CATS at school at 11 - I did well in the CATS but I wouldn't be surprised if I completely messed this up as I was just wildly guessing most of the time. Going to do the video assessment today.

same lol, it was fine in the beginning and then i just started guessing towards the end - but seeing as i scored in the average range you'll probably be fine. good luck with your video interview
Thanks! Well I did the interview, it was ok, not the questions I'd prepared exactly but I managed to come up with some answers. Got the results of my patterns test back and it was above average somehow. Have you heard anything back from Vodaphone yet? Wondering how long before you know if you're through or not.
Reply 12
Thanks! Well I did the interview, it was ok, not the questions I'd prepared exactly but I managed to come up with some answers. Got the results of my patterns test back and it was above average somehow. Have you heard anything back from Vodaphone yet? Wondering how long before you know if you're through or not.

that's great, well done!! was the feedback part for your video interview also blank btw? and yeah i did get an email from them, but it was randomly a week after i completed the assessments and it said they're currently in the process of reviewing all applications, and to allow them some time to complete their review process. it didn't say anything about a specific time as to when we'll hear back by, i do hope that we'll hear back soon tho

I’m not sure. Hopefully they respond soon i’m tired of apprenticeship application responses taking so long. Has anyone applied for the degree apprenticeships in particular the cyber security one?
that's great, well done!! was the feedback part for your video interview also blank btw? and yeah i did get an email from them, but it was randomly a week after i completed the assessments and it said they're currently in the process of reviewing all applications, and to allow them some time to complete their review process. it didn't say anything about a specific time as to when we'll hear back by, i do hope that we'll hear back soon tho

Yes the interview feedback was blank - I remembered you said that your was so it made me feel better, thanks! Could be a while before we hear anything then - I'm very impatient but the closing dates for apprenticeships often seem to be into next year so i guess they might want to compare as many applications as possible before they make decisions. Frustrating though!
Original post by John Mcghee
I’m not sure. Hopefully they respond soon i’m tired of apprenticeship application responses taking so long. Has anyone applied for the degree apprenticeships in particular the cyber security one?

Yeah i'm tired of how long everything takes and how many stage there are to everything 😕
Reply 16
Yes the interview feedback was blank - I remembered you said that your was so it made me feel better, thanks! Could be a while before we hear anything then - I'm very impatient but the closing dates for apprenticeships often seem to be into next year so i guess they might want to compare as many applications as possible before they make decisions. Frustrating though!

yeah, I've seen in previous threads that ppl didn't hear back for a month or two, and then they got an email inviting them to an AC or a rejection email. but i can't imagine having to wait that long lol i hope they start them earlier, or at least send out emails updating applicants by the end of this year.
yeah, I've seen in previous threads that ppl didn't hear back for a month or two, and then they got an email inviting them to an AC or a rejection email. but i can't imagine having to wait that long lol i hope they start them earlier, or at least send out emails updating applicants by the end of this year.

Ah I wondered what was next, most apprenticeships tell you the process but there seems to be very little info about the Vodaphone one in comparison.
Reply 18
Ah I wondered what was next, most apprenticeships tell you the process but there seems to be very little info about the Vodaphone one in comparison.

im pretty sure the next stage in the process is the final one and it's the assessment centre - i could be wrong but on their website, they describe the stages of the application process for their apprenticeships and they mention the 2nd stage being a digital assessment where you do a video interview and a logical reasoning game, which is what we did. and the 3rd stage they mention is an assessment centre, so im hoping it all checks out and we don't have any further tests to do if we've passed this stage.
im pretty sure the next stage in the process is the final one and it's the assessment centre - i could be wrong but on their website, they describe the stages of the application process for their apprenticeships and they mention the 2nd stage being a digital assessment where you do a video interview and a logical reasoning game, which is what we did. and the 3rd stage they mention is an assessment centre, so im hoping it all checks out and we don't have any further tests to do if we've passed this stage.

Ah ok thanks for that. At least there's not endless different stages I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending