The Student Room Group

9 in English Literature???

hi guys,

can anyone tell me what it means to maintain a consistent line of argument and a consistent critical style, and how I would be able to do this? it is the only thing that is capping me at an 8 in English literature and I would really like to get a 9.
what is really frustrating for me is that my English language critical style is always considered commendable by my teachers but for some reason, in literature, I am not able to replicate it as well. what's even more frustrating is that literature grade boundaries are always higher than lang, indicating that it is the 'easier' of the two. I am sure that I can do this, but i'm not sure how!!
any help or advice is very much welcome :smile:))
Original post by emaanqur
hi guys,

can anyone tell me what it means to maintain a consistent line of argument and a consistent critical style, and how I would be able to do this? it is the only thing that is capping me at an 8 in English literature and I would really like to get a 9.
what is really frustrating for me is that my English language critical style is always considered commendable by my teachers but for some reason, in literature, I am not able to replicate it as well. what's even more frustrating is that literature grade boundaries are always higher than lang, indicating that it is the 'easier' of the two. I am sure that I can do this, but i'm not sure how!!
any help or advice is very much welcome :smile:))

I think consistent line of argument probably means making sure your points come through clearly and that you don't contradict yourself. Consistent critical style is a bit more vague, so it would be good to see an example. If you like, you're welcome to post some of your writing here, then I can take a look at point out exactly the bits your teacher might be referring to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending