The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi, students
My course starts from Nov to July, during time term I’m working 20h. Once it finished, I’d have 5 months for resting , which means can I increase hours job as full time in order to keep the maintenance? If there any change about amount of money earned? For example I got the maximum to help with my studies as part time and back to work as full time only those months when I don’t have any classes, reapply in order to get the maximum amount again, could affect it? Thank you
Original post by Marina Navarro
Hi, students
My course starts from Nov to July, during time term I’m working 20h. Once it finished, I’d have 5 months for resting , which means can I increase hours job as full time in order to keep the maintenance? If there any change about amount of money earned? For example I got the maximum to help with my studies as part time and back to work as full time only those months when I don’t have any classes, reapply in order to get the maximum amount again, could affect it? Thank you

Hi there,

If you're a student then the amount of hours you work doesn't affect your loan (unless you're a Migrant Worker and reduce the hours). So if you are increasing these it won't impact your loan with us. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you're a student then the amount of hours you work doesn't affect your loan (unless you're a Migrant Worker and reduce the hours). So if you are increasing these it won't impact your loan with us. Thanks, Jason

Thanks Jason. I have a contract 0 hours as part time during student time at classes. (20 hours) once the course will finished, I’ll increase hours job as full time. Variation based on shift rota. Hopefully doesn’t affect to loan upon reapplying again for next year and back to part time again. I genuinely grateful!
You're welcome. Have a nice evening!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending