The Student Room Group

DWP Universal Credit Work Coach (EO) - West Yorkshire (August) - Ref 576

Has anyone applied for this role?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have for North Yorkshire! Just going through pre employment checks now!
Reply 2
What were the questions they asked please?
are they the same as work coach?
Communicating and Influencing How would you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome?
Communicating and Influencing Tell me about a time when you had to communicate complicated information clearly?
Managing a Quality Service Can you describe a time when you had to go above and beyond expectations to provide a great service?
Managing a Quality Service Give me an example of a time where you have had to balance competing priorities in your workload.
Making Effective Decisions Can you give me an example of a time when you have had to make a difficult decision which impacted others?
Making Effective Decisions Tell me about a time when you have had to analyse evidence to make a decision?
Reply 3
Original post by tina12333
What were the questions they asked please?
are they the same as work coach?
Communicating and Influencing How would you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome?
Communicating and Influencing Tell me about a time when you had to communicate complicated information clearly?
Managing a Quality Service Can you describe a time when you had to go above and beyond expectations to provide a great service?
Managing a Quality Service Give me an example of a time where you have had to balance competing priorities in your workload.
Making Effective Decisions Can you give me an example of a time when you have had to make a difficult decision which impacted others?
Making Effective Decisions Tell me about a time when you have had to analyse evidence to make a decision?

Are these the questions they asked you during the pre recorded interview?

This is the work coach job, for DWP West Yorkshire.
Reply 4
Has anyone had an interview for this role?
Original post by 123spd123
Has anyone had an interview for this role?

Yes I have
Reply 6
I have two! You’re going to get asked 6 questions, 2 per behaviour which you will find on your application. I would think of two examples per question and use the STAR method to answer these, have some notes near also. You have one minute of thinking time before answering each question, then 3 minutes to answer.
One of mine was ‘Give me an example of a time when you had to analyse information to make a decision?’ I’m sure I spoke about finding a child care provider for when I returned back to work after maternity leave, so definitely remember not ever answer has to be work related.
Reply 7
Original post by Staceyll17
I have for North Yorkshire! Just going through pre employment checks now!

How long from start to finish? I did interview end of September and that means it’s @5 weeks ago and not had a response
Reply 8
Original post by Domty32
How long from start to finish? I did interview end of September and that means it’s @5 weeks ago and not had a response

I did the same and still no outcome for the interview. It is ridiculous.
Reply 9
Original post by Miamaria14
I did the same and still no outcome for the interview. It is ridiculous.

Status changed this afternoon to being reviewed. That’s 3 different update messages in last two weeks. Must be getting near
Original post by Domty32
Status changed this afternoon to being reviewed. That’s 3 different update messages in last two weeks. Must be getting near

I got the rejection 5 minutes ago 😭
Reply 11

Sorry. That’s not the ideal way to start a weekend. Are you going to reapply?
Original post by Domty32
Sorry. That’s not the ideal way to start a weekend. Are you going to reapply?

It is what it is. I didn’t do very well in the interview so it was expected. What’s funny is that I scored 3 for every single question.
I have already reapplied, waiting for the results to the SJT.
Did you get your outcome?
Reply 13
It is what it is. I didn’t do very well in the interview so it was expected. What’s funny is that I scored 3 for every single question.
I have already reapplied, waiting for the results to the SJT.
Did you get your outcome?

Glad you’ve already reapplied. I did that about a week ago. I didn’t think I’d done
Myself justice in the interview so hedged my bets as soon as a fresh application got advertised.
No I’ve not heard anything. Just had this bizarre change in status this afternoon. The third different status. Do you know what your status had gone to before you got the email?
Good thing is this next time you’ll know roughly what’s needed in the interview and you’ll be calmer waiting the weeks and weeks it takes to get the result

Hope you have a good weekend. Onwards and upwards xx
Has anyone gotten their results back
Reply 15

Aww, sorry to hear that. Wishing you luck with the next!
Can I just ask, did your status change to bring reviewed at all before you got the outcome? Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by Sophielarlar
Has anyone gotten their results back

I interviewed end of sept and results arrived yesterday (Tuesday 31/10)
Is this role 610
Original post by Mummylucky7
Is this role 610

No.. its 576
Original post by Domty32
I interviewed end of sept and results arrived yesterday (Tuesday 31/10)

Same here.. got mine yesterday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending