The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Chemistry at bath uni

Hi, so I’ve been looking at the chemistry course at bath and I just want to know how much of the course is computational chemistry? I don’t even know what that is lol
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, so I’ve been looking at the chemistry course at bath and I just want to know how much of the course is computational chemistry? I don’t even know what that is lol

I'm a first year and the only computational chemistry I have done is once every 4 weeks in teaching labs which is fine as there is no assumed knowledge and you only apply knowledge you've learnt on the course so far. There is a coding module next semester though which counts towards 1/2 a modules grade
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Cyion
I'm a first year and the only computational chemistry I have done is once every 4 weeks in teaching labs which is fine as there is no assumed knowledge and you only apply knowledge you've learnt on the course so far. There is a coding module next semester though which counts towards 1/2 a modules grade

i'm also a first year at bath doing chem lol and yes this is true ^^, i think i've done 2 (or 3?) sessions on it in 12 weeks. for the most part it's just building molecules on special software and using this software to do calculations for you, whilst answering a quiz as you go. you don't really need to know much about it, they just give you instruction manuals on what to do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest