The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

On hold for Bristol Law

I have received an email that my application has been put on hold by Bristol for its LLB programme.
Could anyone guide me on this?
I've heard of lots of people being put on hold by Bristol. I think it just means that they haven't offered you a place yet as they want to wait until the Jan deadline so everyone is given equal consideration but you are still a contender. The good thing is that you haven't been rejected.

Its not anything to worry about - they do this with lots of people (almost everyone I know who has applied to Bristol has been put on hold too), and can be frustrating, but you just have to wait before they make a decision.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Dragonfly28
I've heard of lots of people being put on hold by Bristol. I think it just means that they haven't offered you a place yet as they want to wait until the Jan deadline so everyone is given equal consideration but you are still a contender. The good thing is that you haven't been rejected.

Its not anything to worry about - they do this with lots of people (almost everyone I know who has applied to Bristol has been put on hold too), and can be frustrating, but you just have to wait before they make a decision.

Thank you and much appreciated.
Reply 3
Original post by NIMRA MAHMOOD
I have received an email that my application has been put on hold by Bristol for its LLB programme.

There's information at https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/ about what "on hold" means.
Reply 4

I got the same email for econ and politics
Reply 5

Hey, I got the on hold email as well initially. Then I got my offer literally 5 days later. Imo it doesn’t mean anything, just that they started considering you.
Reply 6
Original post by Dragonfly28

They don’t actually wait until the equal consideration deadline, the email is incredibly misleading. You can get the decision pretty much any time ranging from literally the next day or at the end of April.
Reply 7
For Law in particular, they will make offers to the top achievers with high LNAT scores first and will rank all other applications as they come in - and then in January start making more offers going down that list. So, hang on in there and wait - its frustrating but worth the wait.
Original post by McGinger
For Law in particular, they will make offers to the top achievers with high LNAT scores first and will rank all other applications as they come in - and then in January start making more offers going down that list. So, hang on in there and wait - its frustrating but worth the wait.

Do you think there’s any way think to worry about if I haven’t been put on hold ?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1

Do you think there’s any way think to worry about if I haven’t been put on hold ?

It means they haven’t looked at your application yet I assume.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending