The Student Room Group

Potential year 12 work experience & opportunities

I’m currently in year 12 aiming for a career in law I do A level History, English literature and psychology and I am wondering if anyone knows any potential work experience and opportunities that I can apply for, to strengthen my uni application in year 13
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Smoothgio
I’m currently in year 12 aiming for a career in law I do A level History, English literature and psychology and I am wondering if anyone knows any potential work experience and opportunities that I can apply for, to strengthen my uni application in year 13

Law undergraduate degrees are academic not vocational. Work experience isn’t going to improve your chances of an offer (and an over-emphasis of career focus in your personal statement can demonstrate a misunderstanding of what the degree involves).

If you have to find a work placement for your college then just find something you think will be interesting.

If you want to improve your content of your PS then listen to law in action on R4 and then find out more about topics that interest you.
Reply 3
As above - working in a lawyers office is not going to help you apply for a Law degree.
Find something that interests you, it doesnt have to be relevant to Law.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

Law undergraduate degrees are academic not vocational. Work experience isn’t going to improve your chances of an offer (and an over-emphasis of career focus in your personal statement can demonstrate a misunderstanding of what the degree involves).

If you have to find a work placement for your college then just find something you think will be interesting.

If you want to improve your content of your PS then listen to law in action on R4 and then find out more about topics that interest you.

Thank you very much, I’ve been accepted into the Sutton Trust pathways to law scheme so I’ll just focus on that and making sure I get the highest possible grades I can achieve
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
As above - working in a lawyers office is not going to help you apply for a Law degree.
Find something that interests you, it doesnt have to be relevant to Law.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest