The Student Room Group

Work experiences at A Level

I'm a Year 12 student and I have no work experiences.

How am I supposed to look for non-virtual work experiences easily? Is there any websites I can look at?

I'm trying to find work experiences / volunteering opportunities at the medical area. Like pharmacies, care home, NHS, or any.

I've heard that work experiences are crucial at year 12, as it's the only time where you actually have the TIME to do work experiences.

I am completely new to these stuff, and I don't want to fall behind. Please give me some advice.
Original post by academicj

How am I supposed to look for non-virtual work experiences easily? Is there any websites I can look at?

I'm trying to find work experiences / volunteering opportunities at the medical area. Like pharmacies, care home, NHS, or any.

I've heard that work experiences are crucial at year 12, as it's the only time where you actually have the TIME to do work experiences.

I am completely new to these stuff, and I don't want to fall behind. Please give me some advice.

Hiya,

I always suggest setting up a LinkedIn account and looking for different work experience opportunities from there :smile:

-Ghala
(Official DU Rep)

Get in touch with the places where you might want to do work experience. Explain that you want to do some work experience and see if they will have you.

Hi! Googling local charities is a great place to start because they're always looking for volunteers, especially in the fields you're looking into. Disability charities are usually quite easy to find locally.

If you change your mind about non-virtual volunteering, the charity I now work for and used to volunteer for at Uni are currently looking for online volunteers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending