The Student Room Group

CPS Pupillage/Legal Trainee Scheme 2024 (2025 Start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BarStudentWW
Does anyone know if there is another stage after this interview? I know there’s supposed to be an assessment but wondering if this is the assessment they mean?
Hi @BarStudentWW

Congratulations on making it to interview for the legal trainee scheme 🙂

Your interview and assessment take place on the same day, there won't be any further stages after that. If you have any questions about the process, get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

Best of luck!
Jade - CPS recruitment team
Reply 401
Original post by JadeCPS
Hi @Sg3124 @IHatePaperSifts @froomhannah,
Congratulations on your interview for the legal trainee scheme :smile:
The 8 minute presentation is to summarise your written assessment, which is based around the research topic. You'll then be asked some follow-up questions, before moving onto the rest of your interview including behaviour and strength-based questions.
Hope this helps! Best of luck with your interview 🍀
Thank you so much for this, it’s very helpful. Appreciate the time taken to settle our nerves slightly!!
Can’t do better than that! I defer to @JadeCPS
Original post by shannonemmms
Did anyone apply for the pupillage with Public Defender Service? If so, have you heard anything back yet?
I did apply but not heard back yet.. surprising as interviews were due to be held this month and we’ve only 2 weeks left - I’m hoping they’ll tell us early next week
Original post by Dodo2024
I did apply but not heard back yet.. surprising as interviews were due to be held this month and we’ve only 2 weeks left - I’m hoping they’ll tell us early next week
I emailed them last week, they said due to the high volume of applicants they expect to inform candidates in early April
Original post by shannonemmms
I emailed them last week, they said due to the high volume of applicants they expect to inform candidates in early April
On the other pupillage thread someone said the FRI for public defender is out but I am not sure how correct the information is.
Original post by erc2024
An option for you would be to apply for a job in the operational delivery teams within the CPS (such as paralegal roles), and then upon passing your probation, you can apply for the internal graduate pathway route where the CPS will sponsor your LPC or SQE whilst you study. I have done this route and cannot recommend it enough.
I have just been invited to a CPS paralegal interview. What kinds of preparations do you recommend I take? Again, thanks for your suggestions.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 407
Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help me out with the process of the final interview for CPS LTS. I have an interview and wanted to know whether we are permitted to have notes on our computer for the research topic or whether the notes need to all be hand written?

Also, as there is a written assessment, is this typed up on the computer?

Thank you!
I have my interview tomorrow and haven't received a teams link yet, do I get one the day before?
I got the link in the original email last year.

You can have notes on your computer but then you can’t see your audience so you can’t adapt to them (important part of advocacy). I preferred paper and you make short notes to use sparingly.

You could make notes half screen so you can still see but up to you. You want to appear to have good forward facing eye contact. They don’t mind you looking at notes but just not reading off them. :smile:
Original post by JasmineDodd
I have my interview tomorrow and haven't received a teams link yet, do I get one the day before?

Hey did you ever work this out? I'm stumped at the minute!

@JadeCPS I wonder if you may be able to help? :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by CJStevens
Hey did you ever work this out? I'm stumped at the minute!
@JadeCPS I wonder if you may be able to help? :smile:

Hi @CJStevens

Please reply to the email you've received from our early careers team and they'll be happy to help 🙂

Original post by JadeCPS
Hi @CJStevens
Please reply to the email you've received from our early careers team and they'll be happy to help 🙂

Thank you - I have had to email Early Careers directly as opposed to replying to the email inviting me to interview as it appears that email is no reply.

The automatic response says that you will aim to respond within 3 days but my interview is tomorrow morning - is this an issue at all?
I've already had my interview and was sent the Teams link the day before - came in a similar email format to the emails we get when the portal updates!
Original post by IzzyMorath
I've already had my interview and was sent the Teams link the day before - came in a similar email format to the emails we get when the portal updates!

I see! Hopefully it comes soon but my interview is at 10am tomorrow morning and im yet to receive anything haha
Original post by CJStevens
I see! Hopefully it comes soon but my interview is at 10am tomorrow morning and im yet to receive anything haha
The early careers team have just confirmed invites are being sent out this afternoon, so you should receive it shortly 🙂
Original post by JadeCPS
The early careers team have just confirmed invites are being sent out this afternoon, so you should receive it shortly 🙂

Amazing - thank you! :smile:
Does anyone know whether the 30 minutes to prepare the written response include the time to prepare the oral presentation as well, please?
Reply 418
has anyone had their interview yet? how did it go
Original post by pupillagehunta
Does anyone know whether the 30 minutes to prepare the written response include the time to prepare the oral presentation as well, please?

It doesn’t. Oral is separate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending