The Student Room Group

CPS Pupillage/Legal Trainee Scheme 2024 (2025 Start)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LegalTom
I have just read that the vocational qualifications aren't going to be sponsored by the CPS. So, I interpret that to mean that we must shell out thousands of pounds to fund the LPC/SQE.

An option for you would be to apply for a job in the operational delivery teams within the CPS (such as paralegal roles), and then upon passing your probation, you can apply for the internal graduate pathway route where the CPS will sponsor your LPC or SQE whilst you study. I have done this route and cannot recommend it enough.
Original post by afsana00
Hi, thank you for the advice!

This is a really stupid question but after the verbal and casework test, is the next step just filling in your qualifications? It mentions using the STAR method which really threw me off because I've applied for paralegal roles at CPS where they asked questions based on the STAR method and never got anywhere with it.

Thanks for the help!

It was when I did it. Just qualifications.

If you get to the video interview, STAR matters a bit more. (Not as much as final interview).
Original post by Haddy123
Hello,

I appreciate all the information you've provided, especially regarding applying for an extension. After this current application round, I'll need to apply for an extension. I began working for LPC Law last year. I have a quick question: Is the Civil Service casework skills test the same as the SJT?

No I don’t believe it is, but never taken it myself.
Original post by afsana00
I read through the success profiles they mention and I'm thinking they want us to provide examples during undergraduate and postgraduate degree that reflect the technical skills of a barrister.

Technical skills is defined as "demonstration of specific professional skills, knowledge, or qualifications"

For example, researching law or analysing case law in undergrad and oral skills tasks during the BTC? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't make sense for them to ask us to list our qualifications and then also ask for an anonymised CV which will do this anyway.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Hi all - not sure what this means as can’t see it this year for obvious reasons. Last year just uploaded CV, some basic qualification questions and the Civil Service tests. 🙂
Good luck to everyone trying to get through to the video interview. Happy to answer any new questions which might arise. 🙂
This was cleared up at yesterday's advice session with the CPS. You do not need to submit 250 words on your technical skills. You just need to state whether you have the required degree/post-grad or if you're still working towards it. The 250-word STAR technique is from a standard application that they are unable to remove from their system.

Best of luck everyone!
Original post by LegalLeprechaun
This was cleared up at yesterday's advice session with the CPS. You do not need to submit 250 words on your technical skills. You just need to state whether you have the required degree/post-grad or if you're still working towards it. The 250-word STAR technique is from a standard application that they are unable to remove from their system.

Best of luck everyone!

Ooooohhhhh lool i was so confused on what was being asked on that part - if i didnt come across this thread i would have done summat totally different
“Your CV should include: Career history with key responsibilities Skills and experience Achievements”
Appky for the solicitor role and
Is this where we would need to include the behaviours listed on the job application?
So when listing skills and experience incorporate making effective decions etc
Reply 48

Best of luck everyone!

Thank you so much! I was just about to submit the application and glad I checked this thread to double check
Reply 49
Hello guy, i need an urgent response to the question regarding filling the application form for trainee solicitor.
There were two aspect that require 250 words each, what do we need to write there? I did not get the question.
My understanding is that i would discuss how i met the behaviour that the CPS would access. i.e. discuss "delivering at a pace and making effective decisions" in the first 250 words and then discuss "seeing the big picture, communicating and influencing" in the remaining 250 words. Is this what you guys are doing. I would like to hear from people who have qualified to do the video interview stage.
your quick response would be appreciated. Thank you.
Good luck everyone 🤞
Good luck people! Am I right in thinking that we will hear about video interviews before the end of this week??
I believe so 🤞
Original post by MikeyMoo123
I believe so 🤞

I thought as much... problem is that I have this horrible habit of being unable to concentrate on anything else when I know there's a possibility of finding out an outcome to something haha
Original post by CJStevens
I thought as much... problem is that I have this horrible habit of being unable to concentrate on anything else when I know there's a possibility of finding out an outcome to something haha

I keep refreshing my emails !!! Hopefully will find out soon either way !
The advert says that video interview invitations will be sent out on the 8th and 9th of Feb. Best of luck to you all. Let the email refreshing begin 😂
The advert says that video interview invitations will be sent out on the 8th and 9th of Feb. Best of luck to you all. Let the email refreshing begin 😂

The anticipation of these things kills me haha
That’s the worse thing !!
any updates guys? i can see that my application was last updated at 8am but nothing yet ☹️
I wonder if it'll be 9-5 working hours only or outside that. i have been at the edge of my seat and refreshing my emails all day!!
Original post by roberta_robitu
any updates guys? i can see that my application was last updated at 8am but nothing yet ☹️
I wonder if it'll be 9-5 working hours only or outside that. i have been at the edge of my seat and refreshing my emails all day!!

My application was updated at 8:20 am but I’ve heard nothing so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending