The Student Room Group

how to not feel overly disappointed after bad mock grades?

my recent exam grades haven’t been the best. i’ve been struggling to stay on top of my current A-level work whilst revising the year 1 content. i don’t know how people are managing i just feel like there isn’t enough time in the day or space in my head! my grades are suffering as a result. i used to get A*’s in psychology but i’ve dropped to B’s, in Biology i’ve dropped from A’s to D’s!! it’s really knocking my confidence down and a small part of me is wondering how i’d be able to cope with medical school if i can hardly do A-levels.

i have a psychology mock exam on tuesday which i didn’t manage to prepare for very well because of illness and issues at home. my psychology teacher thinks i’m on track to get a B despite predicting me an A* which also makes me feel stupid and awful. i’m just not sure what to do, i feel like giving up :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by killcupid
my recent exam grades haven’t been the best. i’ve been struggling to stay on top of my current A-level work whilst revising the year 1 content. i don’t know how people are managing i just feel like there isn’t enough time in the day or space in my head! my grades are suffering as a result. i used to get A*’s in psychology but i’ve dropped to B’s, in Biology i’ve dropped from A’s to D’s!! it’s really knocking my confidence down and a small part of me is wondering how i’d be able to cope with medical school if i can hardly do A-levels.

i have a psychology mock exam on tuesday which i didn’t manage to prepare for very well because of illness and issues at home. my psychology teacher thinks i’m on track to get a B despite predicting me an A* which also makes me feel stupid and awful. i’m just not sure what to do, i feel like giving up :frown:

Hi, I know it can feel disappointing to get grades below what you are predicted, especially when you feel the pressure of getting into medical school. However, please do not give up!! There is still so much time to improve. Mocks are only to highlight what you don't understand fully and to help you revisit those topics before the real exams. See them as an opportunity to learn, not as evidence you won't achieve A's!! I know someone who got DDD in their mocks but ended up with all A's and A*'s a year later. It is very possible, and the fact that it's stressful shows how much you care about doing well! Just do your best and I'm sure you will surprise yourself!
Best wishes!
Reply 2
Original post by Erin1233
Hi, I know it can feel disappointing to get grades below what you are predicted, especially when you feel the pressure of getting into medical school. However, please do not give up!! There is still so much time to improve. Mocks are only to highlight what you don't understand fully and to help you revisit those topics before the real exams. See them as an opportunity to learn, not as evidence you won't achieve A's!! I know someone who got DDD in their mocks but ended up with all A's and A*'s a year later. It is very possible, and the fact that it's stressful shows how much you care about doing well! Just do your best and I'm sure you will surprise yourself!
Best wishes!

thanks so much! i’m going to try my best to see my exams as learning opportunities from now on instead of tying them to my worth. congrats on ur results btw!

Quick Reply

Latest