The Student Room Group

Can I use old spec past papers for revision?

Currently, I am revising for my GCSES and I have almost finished doing the new spec past papers for sciences, maths, english, french, history and business studies. Can I use any of the old spec past papers for any of my subjects, or are they too different? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by ssafiyah
Currently, I am revising for my GCSES and I have almost finished doing the new spec past papers for sciences, maths, english, french, history and business studies. Can I use any of the old spec past papers for any of my subjects, or are they too different? Thanks

definitely with the sciences and maths, you can use the old spec - however you have to compare the two for any discrepancies to make sure you don't end up losing sleep on something that isn't on the spec anymore/ignoring something that's just in the new spec. With french, it's the same language in both specs so it shouldn't make too much difference on knowledge, however it would be best to ask your teacher if old or new is more tricky on your board e.g. for russian, we were told that old spec reading papers were far easier than the new spec ones. unfortunately I can't answer for history english or business studies but honestly best practice for languages and humanities is to ask teachers for each

Quick Reply

Latest