The Student Room Group

HND Credit Transfer

I have a HND that is 17 years old. I was wondering is there a time limit on transfer as I would like to do a top up and get a full degree? Appreciate any help on this matter.
Original post by Sanc888
I have a HND that is 17 years old. I was wondering is there a time limit on transfer as I would like to do a top up and get a full degree? Appreciate any help on this matter.

Generally speaking, there is not time limit imposed on topping-up your HND to a full degree. That's not to say that you won't find a university which has a time-limit built into their entry requirements or admissions policy - but I'm not aware of any which have such a policy.

Some universities specifically point out the lack of a time limit. For example, Northumbria say here that, "You can start a top up degree straight after finishing your previous qualification or after a break if you would prefer there's no time limit." For others, you might need to contact them directly to confirm.

When selecting a top-up programme, it'd be wise to select one where the initial module(s) act as a refresher for academic writing, referencing, etc. as after 17 years you're likely to be a tad rusty. :smile:
Reply 2
Most Unis will not accept any qualifications this old.
Most have a 5 year limit, for some its 3 years,

All you can do is email each Uni and ask.
Reply 3
Appreciate the feedback. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending