The Student Room Group

Mechanical Eng Masters in UK

Hello! I am fairly new to TheStudentRoom so fogive me for any mistakes. I have recieved offers from Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Loughborough and Birmingham for MSc in Mechanical Engineering. I am trying to figure out which is the best one to go to. Any thoughts on them would be highly appreciated.
Hi @nerdy_thumper

Congratulations on your offers!🙂

I have been at Loughborough for 2 years so can give you a bit of insight.

I personally chose Loughborough as I loved the campus and the good vibe it gave when I visited. I liked the fact that everything is in one place. The facilities on campus are amazing and there are so many opportunities to get involved in. From sport to societies and RAG there is such a variety to chose from. There is a great community feel at Loughborough which I really like. Loughborough is very much a student town with lots to do on and off campus. I tend to spend weekdays on campus as there is lots going on. Weekends I usually go into town more where there are nice coffee shops, restaurants and bars.

Something I personally found useful when choosing where to go was looking at what each course offered through the specific modules. I found it useful comparing the course to other universities to see which would suit me best. If you take a look at the course page here and scroll down to 'What you'll study' it breaks the course down into modules with specific information on each.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please do ask! 🙂

Alex
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @nerdy_thumper

Congratulations on your offers!🙂

I have been at Loughborough for 2 years so can give you a bit of insight.

I personally chose Loughborough as I loved the campus and the good vibe it gave when I visited. I liked the fact that everything is in one place. The facilities on campus are amazing and there are so many opportunities to get involved in. From sport to societies and RAG there is such a variety to chose from. There is a great community feel at Loughborough which I really like. Loughborough is very much a student town with lots to do on and off campus. I tend to spend weekdays on campus as there is lots going on. Weekends I usually go into town more where there are nice coffee shops, restaurants and bars.

Something I personally found useful when choosing where to go was looking at what each course offered through the specific modules. I found it useful comparing the course to other universities to see which would suit me best. If you take a look at the course page here and scroll down to 'What you'll study' it breaks the course down into modules with specific information on each.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please do ask! 🙂

Alex

Hey Alex!

Thank you for you response. I like that Loughborough has lots of sports options and seems like a very student oriented town. I do have a follow up question for you. What is the career support like? If possible, specifically for masters in Mechanical Engieneering. Please do go into as much detail as you wish to, I would love to hear in detail about the University's career support.

Nupur
Original post by nerdy_thumper
Hey Alex!

Thank you for you response. I like that Loughborough has lots of sports options and seems like a very student oriented town. I do have a follow up question for you. What is the career support like? If possible, specifically for masters in Mechanical Engieneering. Please do go into as much detail as you wish to, I would love to hear in detail about the University's career support.

Nupur

Hi @nerdy_thumper

No problem!

I personally don't have much experience with careers so I would recommend contacting the email right at the bottom of your course page here. They will be able to answer any more specific questions you have.

I would also recommend looking at the Careers Network page here. My only experience with careers so far at Loughborough is the support I got when finding and securing my placement year, which was very helpful.

I hope this helps- please let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest