The Student Room Group

Border Force - Failed ASC1

After waiting what feels like 500 years for my checks to finish, today I received an email to say my pre-employment checks based on ASC had been unsatisfactory and therefore they couldn’t offer me a role.

I am so confused because I cannot for the life of me think of anything that would’ve failed it. I passed SC pretty quickly so I am honestly very disappointed and baffled as to why. Part of me is even wondering if they do this on purpose, because I really cannot think of any reason why I wouldn’t pass. They won’t even let you question or appeal either.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Reply 1
Did you ever get a reason why for this?
Original post by lesbosaurusbex
After waiting what feels like 500 years for my checks to finish, today I received an email to say my pre-employment checks based on ASC had been unsatisfactory and therefore they couldn’t offer me a role.
I am so confused because I cannot for the life of me think of anything that would’ve failed it. I passed SC pretty quickly so I am honestly very disappointed and baffled as to why. Part of me is even wondering if they do this on purpose, because I really cannot think of any reason why I wouldn’t pass. They won’t even let you question or appeal either.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Hiya unfortunately I dident pass my addtional checks I was well gutted they haven't given me a right to appeal I'm just wondering could I re apply again in a later stage
Original post by Nabzzz786666
Hiya unfortunately I dident pass my addtional checks I was well gutted they haven't given me a right to appeal I'm just wondering could I re apply again in a later stage
How long after SC did you find out?
Original post by Jimbogills
How long after SC did you find out?
It took them a very long time I was waiting months for this outcome. I was chasing them for an outcome and then I dident pass it. I was well gutted now the question is that can we apply again and if so how long do we have to wait until we can go for it again.
Original post by Nabzzz786666
It took them a very long time I was waiting months for this outcome. I was chasing them for an outcome and then I dident pass it. I was well gutted now the question is that can we apply again and if so how long do we have to wait until we can go for it again.
I wouldn't think so for BF as that check is specific to them. How long after SC granted did you find out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending