The Student Room Group

2023 ** Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers

Has anyone heard back from interviews yet for the 2023 jobs.
Reply 1
Original post by Mrg1234
Hi

Don't go for this job... Most of the officers are trying to leave...

how come ? whats the reasons for all leaving, ? cheers for replying :smile:
Reply 2
As someone who works for ICE no one is leaving in my unit areas (London and South England) many officers are moving up and getting promotion. Maybe you are confused with Border Force. A LOT of border force staff are leaving border force to join ICE due to the reasons you have listed, we’ve seen a bunch of new officers from border force and prisons come to us and many are looking at going for promotions, I can’t speak on all teams and units but the 4 London and 5 South England ICE units seem to be doing fine
Reply 3
Original post by Xgalna
As someone who works for ICE no one is leaving in my unit areas (London and South England) many officers are moving up and getting promotion. Maybe you are confused with Border Force. A LOT of border force staff are leaving border force to join ICE due to the reasons you have listed, we’ve seen a bunch of new officers from border force and prisons come to us and many are looking at going for promotions, I can’t speak on all teams and units but the 4 London and 5 South England ICE units seem to be doing fine

Hi, why are border force officers leaving ?
What is ICE?
Reply 4
Original post by Incencin
Hi, why are border force officers leaving ?
What is ICE?

ICE is what Immigration Enforcement is called it stands for Immigration Compliance Enforcement you have ICE teams and ROM teams (ROM teams operate out of visa reporting centres where as ICE teams can operate out of anywhere)

Border force are understaffed and overworked. Most officers get stuck with port checks and small boats and they are getting fed up fast. The AHA % is being lowered for them starting next year and their management chains aren’t keeping the staff happy. Hence why most border force staff have striked 3/4 times now but ICE have only striked once and that was mostly the admin staff who don’t get the AHA%. Border force staff are getting bored so they come join ICE as ICE don’t get stuck down in beaches or in ports they get to go to residential, commercial and police shifts. There’s a lot more variety.

If you don’t understand AHA% I’ll explain. AHA% stands for Annulised Hours Agreement it’s an extra percentage of money added on top of your base pay to pay for any overtime/night hours you work in a year. The percentage amount and how many hours expected will be different based on location but for London the % is 34% with around 330 premium day hours (weekends), 120 night hours and 33 public holiday hours. As shifts can be unpredictable and can overrun instead of trying to calculate overtime hours and pay they give you a set % to cover it over the year. Let’s say the base salary is around £27000 + 34% aha = £36,180 before tax.

Hopefully this makes sense!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Huntnjord
Has anyone heard back from interviews yet for the 2023 jobs.

I had an interview last Thursday? Not heard anything back it was for the IO role in Solihull? Where did you apply and when?
Reply 6
Original post by Kamdam
I had an interview last Thursday? Not heard anything back it was for the IO role in Solihull? Where did you apply and when?

Apply for the ICE role. Interviewed 11th April
Reply 7
Nope, I think people who have applied several months back are still waiting for an outcome to…..
Reply 8
Anyone know how to contact my sponsor to update them on some details. Tried via UKSV, but they say contact my sponsor.
Reply 9
I’ve never done a virtual interview. Is it easy to set up? Just log into the meeting with Zoom ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending