The Student Room Group

Oxford Chemistry Interviews

Hi, I have just done my chemistry interviews. Did everybody finish there interviews now and how did they do. Also what questions did you get asked because I didnt get asked in every area of chemistry
How did you find ur chem interview??
Also Oxford rules u can’t say what was on ur interview. It’s the code of conduct
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
How did you find ur chem interview??

Not good, how was it for you?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have just done my chemistry interviews. Did everybody finish there interviews now and how did they do. Also what questions did you get asked because I didnt get asked in every area of chemistry

Remember there is a code of conduct and so no one should be stating exactly what they were asked.

However, I would say there is no problem with stating that inorganic/organic/physical chemistry were the areas assessed, but anything more specific than that would be in breach of the code of conduct.

For my interviews on both attempts in which I applied (so for 2022 and 2023 entry), I was assessed on all three of the major fields of chemistry across my first and second college interviews.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Not good, how was it for you?

Why wasn’t it good for you?
It wasn’t good for me either :frown:
In my experience, bad interviews (which I would say I definitely had a few of - even on my second attempt, when I landed myself an offer) are a sign that your interviewers may have been stretching you simply because you were doing really well.

If the interview was “bad” due to factors such as technology-related issues, then that is something to make a point of emailing the appropriate college admissions department about so as to ensure that they are aware of any problems you have faced. These are not your fault and your interviewers (if they are made aware of these problems) will take them into consideration when making a decision for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending