The Student Room Group

BBC Apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cdyer1808
I got an email yesterday for production apprenticeship letting me know I’d got through to the final round for assessment centre so if anyone is waiting then I would say you will hear in the upcoming days

Congratulations, can I ask Which location?
Belfast for those wondering.

Have to say it’s abit daunting what they’re asking for for the assessment centre. I have to pitch a hypothetical 30-40 minute segment idea on the health care sector in my country for a radio show. The assessment centre also includes a talk about the bbc and apprenticeship, a one hour group task based on a scenario and then you book a slot and have to do a 30-45 minute interview including the pitch in that same interview.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hey folks, could anyone who has been to an AC let me know how long it takes to hear a response? I just did my interview recently and am feeling very impatient haha
Original post by Hjchfrybchf
Hey folks, could anyone who has been to an AC let me know how long it takes to hear a response? I just did my interview recently and am feeling very impatient haha

2 days for me
Original post by youmama
2 days for me

i haven't got the contract tho
Original post by rehelpme
I've been invited to do an interview for the Level 6 Data Analytics Apprenticeships has anyone done it or got any tips/info about what it was like?
*also they said interview with two members of the team they didnt say ac. Is there no ac for this role?

I've also been invited to this role in Salford and they've said they would send more information soon. Has anyone else received any more details?
Come on BBC! - after the holding email, still not heard anything else for production. It’s after the 25th now. Anyone else heard anything other than Belfast?
Every year it's the same. They drag their feet all springtime, then come summer when exam results are out and you're trying to make plans to go to uni or find a job, they start to show some interest. It's a horrendously inconvenient way to do things.

As always, given how statistically.unlikely it is we'll get hired by the BBC, it's well worth planning your life under the assumption that you won't get a place on a scheme. Keep looking at uni, keep applying for jobs or other schemes, and if the BBC comes through in the end you'll just have to scramble around last minute and let everybody else down.

I don't know who has overall responsibility for these early career schemes at the BBC, but they're completely out of touch with what applicants need.
Original post by bbcapp24
Every year it's the same. They drag their feet all springtime, then come summer when exam results are out and you're trying to make plans to go to uni or find a job, they start to show some interest. It's a horrendously inconvenient way to do things.
As always, given how statistically.unlikely it is we'll get hired by the BBC, it's well worth planning your life under the assumption that you won't get a place on a scheme. Keep looking at uni, keep applying for jobs or other schemes, and if the BBC comes through in the end you'll just have to scramble around last minute and let everybody else down.
I don't know who has overall responsibility for these early career schemes at the BBC, but they're completely out of touch with what applicants need.

You have to remember the amount of applicants they receive and how much applicants they have to go through and all of their submissions each stage that they have to go through. I would say especially London would be the most competitive out of any city as it’s essentially the heart of the BBC and with the amount of people in London the applicants for that area would be sky high. They have to narrow down hundreds of people to a select few and of course try find the best of the best applicants for their company which is why I assume their application process starts early and is quite lengthy. I wouldn’t say anyone waiting to hear back will be waiting much longer and then they’ve just got a few more weeks after that to find out their result.
Reply 589
Original post by Taha-
Hi I've applied to the L6 Software Engineering Apprenticeship
I wanted to create a thread for people applying in 2024 since I haven't seen much for this year. I'm not sure if this is an actual degree that is accredited or where this degree can lead me to in the future. If you have any tips, experiences or a just general chat about BBC apprenticeships please feel free to do it in this thread. Thanks

I did the video assessment in February, they said they finished assessing the videos on the 25th of March, any idea when we'll receive a response?
You have to remember the amount of applicants they receive and how much applicants they have to go through and all of their submissions each stage that they have to go through. I would say especially London would be the most competitive out of any city as it’s essentially the heart of the BBC and with the amount of people in London the applicants for that area would be sky high. They have to narrow down hundreds of people to a select few and of course try find the best of the best applicants for their company which is why I assume their application process starts early and is quite lengthy. I wouldn’t say anyone waiting to hear back will be waiting much longer and then they’ve just got a few more weeks after that to find out their result.

Absolutely. Wouldn’t be an issue to wait if they hadn’t said the date of 25th. It makes you think if you haven’t heard it is a rejection.
Anyone heard back for production Salford yet? Starting to drive me crazy
Original post by AnnieRD
Absolutely. Wouldn’t be an issue to wait if they hadn’t said the date of 25th. It makes you think if you haven’t heard it is a rejection.

Try not to worry I think you will definitely hear a yes or no I’ve heard other people say they got rejection emails so whether you pass or not you will hear something.
Original post by Connievicks01
Anyone heard back for production Salford yet? Starting to drive me crazy

ive heard back,but for UX
I would take that as a good sign as throughout the process it always updates!
Hi has anyone heard back from the journalism researcher role in any area it seems like from what I have heard not a lot of people have heard back yet
Original post by apprentinsideryt
Hi all, I did the BBC online assessment and virtual interview last year. If you want, I can give some advice on my experience of the BBC online assessment, virtual interview and assessment centre stage - what to expect and the best strategy for succeeding at this stage. Also I can help with some values research which can help put you in the top group of candidates. If anyone is interested, just reply to this and I'll send it over

Please can you send it over as I’m applying for 2025
Hi please could you send the information over regarding virtual interview and assessment centre, that would be really appreciated. Thanks again
Hi guys I wrote out a post here the other day about the assessment centre but it deleted as I’d just finished writing it but I’d be happy to share the assessment centre and interview stage and the questions I got asked. The only issue is the woman said not to share anything I can’t remember if it was taking pictures of the video call and what’s shown in it or in general sharing information of the assessment centre due to confidentiality so if anyone wants me to privately message them in regards to the assessment centre just reply to this and I would be happy to copy and paste to each of you to whoever wants the details.
Hi guys I wrote out a post here the other day about the assessment centre but it deleted as I’d just finished writing it but I’d be happy to share the assessment centre and interview stage and the questions I got asked. The only issue is the woman said not to share anything I can’t remember if it was taking pictures of the video call and what’s shown in it or in general sharing information of the assessment centre due to confidentiality so if anyone wants me to privately message them in regards to the assessment centre just reply to this and I would be happy to copy and paste to each of you to whoever wants the details.

Yes please, that would be brilliant. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending